Want to Start Mod Wah Wah from GGG

Started by Matteran, February 08, 2005, 01:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matteran

Hey, I just got a Dunlop Rotovibe from a friend for free, because he hates the effect. So I'm thinking about making this.

Now, I want to make the most versatile of the different types. It looks like the one with the Rotary switch or the 2 inductor switch one. Those are the same thing right? Just a different way to switch the inductors?

Also, I'll be using this for bass. I don't necisarily want a Bass Wah, because i've played a cry baby, and i think some of the tone sucking helps add a little more clarity. But with the cap selector switch, i can put any value caps i want right? And higher value caps allow more bass frequencies to get through. So in one wah, i could essentially have a  bass wah, and then a regular wah, just all dependant on what cap is selected?

And, yet another question. How do I take the rocking part of the body off? I want to clean everything up, and re paint it. And I want to take the rocking part off, but i can't seem to figure out how to do so.

If anyone wants a rotovibe circuit board, just let me know, it's model JH-4S. Basically an older version of this.

What sort of inductors would you suggest?

anyone know of a parts-list anywhere? I can make one by looking at the wiring diagram, but i'm lazy.

Also, I hate how Cry Babys switch. I much prefere the Morley method (but to get a cry baby enclosure for free ain't a bad price), and i was considering just have a stompswitch on the side of the body, so i just hit it with the side of my foot. But what's with the "switchless" morley's? Like, you step on it, and the pressure activates the circuit? How is this done? and can it be wired for true bypass?

Matteran

here's what i was able to make up for a parts list. Let me know if I'm missing anything.

leonhendrix

hi

smallbear sells a few types of inductor and a diy halo

if the rotovibe is made the same as the wahs, there should be a brace under the rocker bit which is being held down with 2 nut and bolts, undo these, then u have to take out the pin (the bit it pivots on) i use a hammer and a thin metal thing like an old screw driver, the only hard thing is putting it back together.

leon

Matteran

thanks, that's what i thought, i thought it might be hard to get back together so i didn't want to do it unless i knew exactly how to do it...

bwanasonic

It seems like a complete waste to cannabalize a rotovibe for it's *shell* if you ask me. They go for $80-$100 on ebay. Sell it, buy a wah with the proceeds and mod that.

Kerry M

Matteran

hmm... i dunno, it's not really mine to sell. It's my friends, so all profits go to him.