DIY Boss ds-1 Tremelo mod, details inside

Started by wampcat1, February 08, 2005, 11:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbob

I cant hear an audio clip but wonderedif it was something you could turn off and on w a switch? Looks very cool though!
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

wampcat1

Quote from: jimbobI cant hear an audio clip but wonderedif it was something you could turn off and on w a switch? Looks very cool though!

Yes, you could just put a dpdt in there, and switch in on and off, or even a momentary I suppose.

Thanks,
Brian

jimbob

where would you place the leads?

thanks

jim
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

lethargytartare

That's so simple, it would probably be pretty easy to tinker with too -- change the value of the resistor, try a pot there, replace the jumper with a resistor...it trips me out that two such simple alterations can do something that dramatic to the pedal's output...cool stuff!

wampcat1

Quote from: jimbobwhere would you place the leads?

thanks

jim

Just cut the jumper in half, and cut one of the resistor legs in half, and wire up the middle and one side of a dpdt switch, or two spst switches. Or, a dpst if you can find one.

The switch would need to be a standard on/on type. so flick the switch one way and the mod is on. flick it the other, and it is off.

Hope that helps! :)

Brian

wampcat1

Quote from: lethargytartareThat's so simple, it would probably be pretty easy to tinker with too -- change the value of the resistor, try a pot there, replace the jumper with a resistor...it trips me out that two such simple alterations can do something that dramatic to the pedal's output...cool stuff!

I know..crazy, huh! I accidentally found this...just by circuit bending a bit while trying out a synth mod for the ds-1.

Also, someone at guitargeek.com pointed out that effector 13 is already doing it:
http://effector13.com/pedals/mods/ds1trem/index.html

I wonder if he's doing it the same way?  :?:

Brian

jimbob

VERY COOL! Thanks wampcat1!! BTW- cant wait to try your boss compressor mods you listed around Christmas time! I hear it sounds great!

puretube

wampcat1

Quote from: jimbobVERY COOL! Thanks wampcat1!! BTW- cant wait to try your boss compressor mods you listed around Christmas time! I hear it sounds great!

my pleasure! :)