PCB photopaper suggestion: Fry's.

Started by Paul Perry (Frostwave), February 08, 2005, 07:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Quote from: fuzzosaur jrI know it is a little off topic but anyone else had trouble getting copy places to print on press and peel?

yes. What is even worse, is when they print on the wrong side. :x  :x  :cry:

beans_amps

I can use the three axis mill to make parts for other endeavors and its not that much more complicated.  The third axis should give good control of drill depth and whatnot.  

The final mill will be about 30" by 15" (large enough to do a Fender twin style chassis before folding it up.)

I may also make a smaller one for 1590B and 1590BB size circuit boards.

All I need is another Addictive DIY hobby.  :shock:

Sean Weatherford
Bean's Amp Repair
Central, SC
Don't Despair - Call Bean's Amp Repair

Paul Marossy

QuoteAll I need is another Addictive DIY hobby.

I'll second that.  :wink:

Nasse

The following is totally "off topic" of using inkjet photo paper with laser printer and iron on pcb, but...

few weeks ago I read somewhere that somebody suggested a new "poor man´s" method for transferring images to surfaces (not pcb etch but labelling):

1) Print normally with inkjet printer on inkjet transparency film (reverse the image)

2) Spread a thin even layer of superglue on the surface you want to transfer

3) Press the inkjet tranparency film print side on the superglued surface

4) let dry for few moments, and carefully peel off the transparency

The image should have sticked to the surface, and the film peels off

I tried it but had not good success. I tried to transfer very small text images on unfinished cast aluminium box. I did not much sand or polish the aluminium, just gave it some denatured alcohol and scotchbrite. Four times of five the superglue and the image got off the stompbox, and once I could get it stay perfectly, the image was sharp and good but there was too thick layer of superglue with bubbles and opaque spots.

Maybe I did not have right transparency stuff, it was "too good", the matt layer wanted to stay on base foil more than on superglue, perhaps temperature or humidity was not right, and I faked the preparation of the box... Just wanted to share
  • SUPPORTER