fuzz shoot out

Started by marc, September 02, 2003, 09:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc

Something I didn't think of before- I was invited to sit in on a practice for an upcoming show- I took all three of my favourite fuzzes and tested them in a live rock- out situation; so between the big muff, ge fuzz face and tonebender mark 2, the tone bender was the loudest, punchiest and really brought my guitar right out in front. Keep in mind there were two guitarists, two bass players, a minimoog and a heavy-hitting drummer. I was a little surprised. I thought the big muff would have provided the most juice...By the way, I tested each pedal with identical set-up, just guitar - pedal and old fender bandmaster with volume at 4...

marc.

Andy

That's interesting.  I will have to build me those pedals too so I can hear what my different guitars sound like through them.
Andy

Bluesgeetar

Which Mark II scheamtic did you use?  There are tons of schems for it, some with mods some original some that claim to be original but aren't some been modded for different trannys, which year MK II original or reissue etc. etc.   Is it the OC76 job or the OC81D job or whatever.  Any mods?   :roll:

petemoore59

I built the two knobber...I would recommend incap and tranny sockets and definitely a trimpot on Q3

marc

The schematic was a  three-knob version, i guess late sixties early seventies. i don't think there were any mods...
the schematic listed oc81d trannys. i used some generic germanium transistors that i found at my local surplus store, 6 for $1.25 (canadian!)
marc.