What replacement pot do I use for my TS-9?

Started by Stephens, February 08, 2005, 07:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephens

Hi- I'm new to the forum and just starting to get an interst in tinkering with some of my pedals.  I was wondering if anyone would know what type of pot I need to use to replace the drive pot on my TS-9.  I looked at smallbearelectronics.com and there are 7 or 8 different ones.  I know I need a 500K, but other than that I'm not sure what size, or if it shoud be linear, audio, single or dual.  Thanks!

O

Hey! welcome to the forum. :)

There are tons of sites that have parts lists, like RunoffGroove.com (ROG), generalguitargadgets.com (GGG), and tonepad.com just to name a few. According to the layout at TonePad, the pot is a 500kA (audio taper).

Here are the letter designations...
A=Audio
B=Linear

Have fun!

phillip

Does the TS9 have set-screw knobs or press-on knobs like the Boss pedals?  If it uses the press-on knobs, you'll probably have to order a split/knurled shaft 16mm mini pot from a guitar parts store, like Stewart McDonald.  

If they're the set-screw knobs you can just order a 16mm audio taper 500KA pot from Mouser (313-1500-500K) or Small Bear Electronics.  They're $1.31 from Mouser.

Phillip