Best (easy) built buffer pedal?

Started by hilbi, February 10, 2005, 08:15:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hilbi

What is the best pedal to built to act as a buffer?

It must switch between buffered output and boost (on), so basically the buffer is always on (Like fe a boss pedal)

I'm considering AMz mosfet boost, Amz Mini Booster, Sparkleboost, others?
hilbi

Built so far: PNP FuzzFace, MXR Dynacomp, EA Tremolo, AMZ Mosfet Boost, AMZ Super Buffer, Blue Magic, Peppermill, RM Axis Face, Sparkle Boost, BSIABII, ROG Ruby, AMZ Mini Booster, MXR Phase 45 Univibe, Tremulus Lune, Dallas Rangemaster, Ross Comp

petemoore

Quote from: hilbiWhat is the best pedal to built to act as a buffer?

It must switch between buffered output and boost (on), so basically the buffer is always on (Like fe a boss pedal)

I'm considering AMz mosfet boost, Amz Mini Booster, Sparkleboost, others?
Jfet or Bipolar ? ... Check out AMZ "basic Buffers'...cant miss, for TS Style...check GEO's Tech of the Tubescreamer.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Hal

you're naming boosts, not buffers.  Boosts (as the term implies) raise the level of the signal.  Buffers should (but rarely do in real life) simply but back the same exact signal as before.   The differance is it goes from high impedance to low impedance, which can be (way) over-simplified as more current is avaliable to push lower impedances at the same voltage.

edit: I may have read your post wrong at first. If you want boost AND buffer, simply build the buffer, leave it always in the top of the signal chain, and make a seperate boost box.

Duke of Metal

hey guys,
what about the new AMZ Super Buffer? it seems like its a pretty straight forward easy to build pedal.

anybody build one yet?

Thanks

petemoore

Wiring a buffer as always on when unit is plugged in is as easy as put it before the input, and bypass switch.
 AMZ, also has a project with BOoster w/ output and buffer w/ output...uses 1 transistor.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.