Build reprot, Muff fuzz, op-amp

Started by spgjmf, February 10, 2005, 07:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spgjmf

Hi all,
I just joined the forum after having read it on and off for years...
I have built pedals, amps and synth modules for serval years and am enjoying the art,hobby, science more lately.

I build the GCS MFuzz op amp fuzz and I am impressed with the design.  I was able to breadboard it and get it working in one try...simple curcuit. It is dynamic, wide distortion range from clean/fat to
heavey distortion/overdrive. no shredding, but very usable :-).

I added a 300pf cap to the first opamp feedback loop to tame hf, and have a 100pf cab on a "bright" switch on the 2nd opamp fb loop. I used green leds no 1n914, less sizzle. the signal caps are 1uf, the .022 and .47 on the  output. I added a proco rat tone control, using 100k pot and a .0027 cap.

the pedal is warm/dark, not a treble ice pick by any means. anyway a easy buid and seems like it will be a good general purpose dist pedal.

thanks for  your time and I am enjoying the list. btw the sparkle boost is very cool. I built that last weekend and it drives my 68 champ into tube bliss.

best
Jeff

Dragonfly

Quote from: spgjmfbtw the sparkle boost is very cool. I built that last weekend and it drives my 68 champ into tube bliss.

best
Jeff

glad you like the Sparkle Boost...   :D

and thanks for the tips regarding your build !

andy
dragonfly fx

WGTP

Gus did a great job modifying it.  Check out the Mockman at ROG for some more ideas.  I like a combo of 1 SI diode and 1 LED.   8)
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames