moosapotamus is back online

Started by moosapotamus, February 10, 2005, 11:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moosapotamus

There may still be a few broken links here and there. But, aside from some of the "Other Cool Stuff," most of it should be there.

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

petemoore

Good to see the Your site's back up !!!
 Excellent 'ClipTorials"...and associated texts !!
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

moving_electrons

Nice effect on the Wavy Gravy page pic!

I am getting the parts together to attemp the Chorus.  What box is the Wavy Gravy in?[/code]
Better living through controlled electron movement.

Processaurus

Thanks for putting up your site again.  Moosapotomus is one of my favorite pedal sites for a lot of reasons: it has bass samples, unique mods, artistic graphics and pics of the innards, but mostly because you're not shy about getting down and dirty with a 1590B.  

Did your meatball clone ever make it into the light of day?  If so i'm sure everone would dig seeing it.

moosapotamus

Thanks, y'all.
The Wavy Gravy is in a 1590BB.
Never did get around to building a meatball.

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net

troubledtom

cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
    -tt :wink:

MRX2099

Hey you had a few pages on your old site that had an article and schematics on a echo box using a Rell-to-reel player
any chances of getting that back online for us?

Thanks

Jeff

Meanderthal

Yeah, I've been eyeing up that Acoustic 360 preamp. That one just jumps right out at me. Somehow, yours looks like something Acoustic would have made or something... has that 'real deal' look to it. A touch of mojo. Nice!
Some of the other stuff's great too. Gotta love those weird ones!
I am not responsible for your imagination.

The Tone God

YEAY! I like that site. Glad to see it back.

Andrew

moosapotamus

Wow! Tomorrow is this thread's first birthday. Thanks, guys. 8)

Quote from: MRX2099 on February 09, 2007, 02:39:10 PM
Hey you had a few pages on your old site that had an article and schematics on a echo box using a Rell-to-reel player
any chances of getting that back online for us?

The Echo-Matic article is back up, on the IDEAS page.

Thanks, again
~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net

MartyMart

Very cool Charlie, thanks for the time and effort with your site  :icon_wink:

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

zjokka

great site, was really sad to see it down.
thanks!

did find the dirty bird pcb file to be offline. maybe you're still uploading..?

zj

markm

moosapotamus

Quote from: zjokka on February 10, 2007, 09:05:13 AM
did find the dirty bird pcb file to be offline. maybe you're still uploading..?

Nope, it's there. Not sure why you couldn't get it.

Thanks again, all!
~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net

Processaurus

Hey Charlie, have you put anything together with your phase 100 boards?  I've still got the two of mine I got from that ebay seller cooling in a box, I tried all kinds of stuff with them but couldn't decide on what kind of a pedal or desktop thing it should be, too many options there.  Interested to hear what you've thought up for them.

Wonder if anyone's tried univibing them (though its 10 stages intead of 4)?

brett

Hi Charlie
thanks for the web stuff, and I hope things are going swimmingly for you Mr Moosapotamus
cheers
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

moosapotamus

Quote from: Processaurus on February 10, 2007, 09:26:54 PM
Hey Charlie, have you put anything together with your phase 100 boards?

I have a pair of those, too. Got started with them a while ago, then got a little overwhelmed. I'd have to dig back in to recall everything I was trying to do, but I was essentially linking them together via their respective regeneration paths. I think I had four 4pos rotary switches wired into them to allow for not only tapping and reinserting the regeneration for each at different phase stages, but also for cross regeration from one circuit over to the other with seperate/stereo outputs. I was getting so many different sounds out of it, like I said, I got a little overwhelmed and set it aside. I was spending all my time playing with different configurations and could never decide how to finish it off. :P Someday, tho... 8)

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net

Processaurus

Quote from: moosapotamus on February 10, 2007, 10:11:18 PM
Quote from: Processaurus on February 10, 2007, 09:26:54 PM
Hey Charlie, have you put anything together with your phase 100 boards?

I have a pair of those, too. Got started with them a while ago, then got a little overwhelmed. I'd have to dig back in to recall everything I was trying to do, but I was essentially linking them together via their respective regeneration paths. I think I had four 4pos rotary switches wired into them to allow for not only tapping and reinserting the regeneration for each at different phase stages, but also for cross regeration from one circuit over to the other with seperate/stereo outputs. I was getting so many different sounds out of it, like I said, I got a little overwhelmed and set it aside. I was spending all my time playing with different configurations and could never decide how to finish it off. :P Someday, tho... 8)

~ Charlie

Me too, I was trying to make a switching scheme were they could be in parallel and stereo, then I wanted to with one switch be able to put them in series, and simultaniously switch the regeneration so it was from second P100 back to the 1st, and dry from the 1st mixed at the end of the second phaser, and link them to the same LFO  (which ended up sounding amazing).  There was a configuration that made it squeal incredibly loud, working that out was were I shelved it.  I also tried the Geo stairstepped LFO (which was great) and a square wave LFO (great too).   

That regeneration thing you were messing with sounds like real mad scientist stuff.

moosapotamus

:D Yeah, it started driving me mad, allright! 8)

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net

Meanderthal

Whoa! I just played the HT8950 pitch shifter mp3 in the ideas section... that's just about the weirdest effect I ever heard! And I mean that in a good way!
I am not responsible for your imagination.