TS Clone - latest build

Started by mlabbee, February 11, 2005, 08:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlabbee

Here's teh schem and some pics of my TS clone:
http://photobucket.com/albums/v514/mlabbee/Blue%20Green%20Scream/

I'm calling it the Blue Green Scream - you can switch between two diodes and a diode/LED combo in the clipping stage.  The green box is my first build - I was going to paint it, but hated the way it looked.  The labelled one is the "final" version.  T-shirt transfer label.  I need to get color coordinated knobs . . .

Sounds pretty nice.  Sine they are the identical circuit, I took teh chance to play with some differnt chips and A/B them - damned if I could hear any difference at all. I compared the 4558, and original 4558, a couple of Burr Browns and a 4559.

mojotron

Looks great, what was the t-shirt transfer product you used?

mlabbee

Thanks! - I used the Avery Ink Jet Dark T-shirt Transfers.  They seem to work pretty well.  You have to be careful ironing them, because you can smear the ink a little, but overall, they seem to work pretty well.  I put a clear coat over them and they seem pretty durable (so far!)

GreenEye

Talk about your nice first build! Or did you mean first build of the pair?  Either way - it looks killer.

mlabbee

The ugly green box was my first build ever - that was almost a year ago. I kept meaning to build a prettier/cleaner version, but I kept getting sidetracked on other project.  I've had some time lately, so I've been catching up on everything I've been meaning to do.