wah squeal... solution?

Started by Duke of Metal, February 12, 2005, 12:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke of Metal

hey guys,
I've got a Duncan Crybaby GCB-95 that I modded for couple of simple things as a start. Just replaced a couple of components.

But this started before I did any of the mods.  It seems that my wah squeals when I rock the pedal forward, and it seems to be noisey also.

any idea what could be wrong with it?  Bad pot? bad transistors?

any info would help.

Thanks

petemoore

Inverted input and output?...like the 'Whale Song' of Pink Floyd of Yore ?
 ...I hope so...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Duke of Metal

Quote from: petemooreInverted input and output?...like the 'Whale Song' of Pink Floyd of Yore ?
 ...I hope so...
Pete O pete.. always there to help Lil' Duke. eh  :D.

I am not sure what you mean by Inverted input and output. sorry about my noobie-ness  :oops:

i did the true bypass mod to it.. if that helps with some of the answer.

Its a high pitch squeal.. and only happenes when the pedal is rocked forward.

Thanks

NaBo

he means that you may have the input of the pedal going to the ouput jack and the output going to the input jack... so you should check your switch wiring

JimRayden

Same problem was with my old russian "Anita" wah.

It came out that the wah pot was misplaced. I fixed it by physically "rebiasing" it. In my wah, the wah pot didn't do the whole turn with the pedal. You can move the pedal range here and there on the pot so I moved it to not be so "toe"-like. It helped. You might have accidently misplaced the wah construction somehow...

if you get what I mean.

-----------
Jimbo

Duke of Metal

Oh ok.. well, when I did the TB mod, I followed the instructions on Stu's website, and I asked my friend who's a tech and he said it doesnt matter which way I put the switch, as long as I wire the correct wires to the correct lugs.

my wah is the latest model GCB-95, which is the PCB mount components and input/output jack.

Jim.. I'll try that idea you mentioned and see if it helps.

Duke