News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

What is LDR?

Started by k1enneth, February 13, 2005, 08:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

k1enneth

I have a Roland AS-1 Sustainer schematic...it shows a LDR 70ohm resistance under "incandescent source". I think it stands for light dependet resistor.
But nothing appears in the MOUSER catalog. What is a current replacement for the same item?

tungngruv

That is what they are,  light dependet resistors. I got mine from Steve at SmallBear.

sir_modulus

Heres the link for Small bear. See if there is anything that would be about right.

Smallbear

Cheers,

Nish

vfr800fiman

What is the difference between mechanical engineers and civil
Engineers? Mechanical engineers build weapons and civil engineers
Build targets.

Marek

That AS-1 seems like a nice semi-vintage build :-)
http://www.geocities.jp/hirock2001/diy2/effect-comp01.html
Can we see the schematic?

About the LDR's:

westfalia.de is selling following types of 'Fotowiderstand':

A: 20 Ohm - 0,2 MOhm
B: 250 Ohm - 0,9 MOhm
C: 170 Ohm - 1 MOhm

And conrad.de is selling 'Fotowiderstände' which have resistance range between 75-300 Ohm @ 1000 lx(?), and
10 Mohm @ 0 lx.

There are also some other types, which seem less interesting, with the resistance range from

A:  28 K Ohm  @ 10 Lx  -  1.4 K Ohm
B: 8,3 K Ohm - 85 K Ohm
C  8.0 K OHm - 100 K OHm

Well, its your choice...

Greetings,
Marek

p.s. If that AS-1 schematic is too shy to show in public, you can also mail it to me :-)  tdkburn@musician.org

k1enneth

http://www.geofex.com/FX_images/rolandsu.gif

I am looking for a "supersustain" type of pedal that does not have a lot of distortion such as Proco Rat or Fuzz Face... I have not HEARD the roland supersustain AS-1, I have only read the review of the above pedal at Harmony Central. If anyone has heard the pedal thru a tube amp, please give a definiiive review of the sound. Thanks

Marek

k1enneth

I don't know if he was pushing the sound thru a strong tube amp. It sounded
like a solid state amp. That makes a huge difference in sound. But thanks for the sample. Maybe build this pedal and a fuzz face clone and A/B them.