volume pedal de- scratcher

Started by goosonique, February 13, 2005, 09:26:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goosonique

Has anyone tried doin the Craid Andertons 'de-scratcher' mod on the Ernie _ball volume pedal which has A/B input & output also c/w the 'pan switch' ??

Since the 'de-scratcher' was designed for for single pot pedals ...lost doin it on double version.

See...me buddy asked whether i could help wif his scratchy volume pedal ... i got all excited ... got the schematic from "diyguitarist" .... build the mod not realizing the above..... !!! :cry:  
Yelp !!! Yelp !!!
<((one man with courage makes a majority))>

sir_modulus

Hang on...I'm confused here. Is there a pan circuit and a colume circuit present in this pedal? And two pots (one for each)?

If that's so, then it's pretty easy to do. Just make two descratcher boards, one for each. How you cram them into the enclosure is gonna be though, but I'm sure you can figure something out.

Cheers,

Nish

goosonique

No no .... no circuits on the stock just a twin pot  assy for each output wth a pan switch which is basic DPDT reversing the signal from the pots.... its the older version of the currently available one from Ernie Ball... thanks ... i believe thats how its gonna be.... build another one .... Made two pcb's just in case but ran out on the CA3080 at the local store.... I dont see any problem fitting it in coz there are lotsa space ..... will report upon completion ....

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

goosonique, what is the parts availability like in Singapore?

airhole

Hey Paul,

Getting parts in Singapore are relatively easy. There are lots of electronics shops here (selling electronics components that is)... and on the worst case scenario, we could head down to the audiophile side of town for the harder-to-find stuff.

Cheers,
george

p/s: din realize there was another active Singaporean in the forum, I just pm-ed goosonique :)

Paul Marossy

So you have the model with the jacks on the side? I have that model. I just put my "de-scratchified" Ernie Ball back on my pedal board this weekend. Anyhow, I haven't seen the model with the pan switch.  :?

If you give it some thought, you should be able to get both boards in there, but it might be a bit of a squeeze. And getting to the jacks is kind of a PITN, but it can be done...  8)

EDIT: If you do go with twin circuits, try to find the quietest opamps you can. The noise floor will probably go up a bit with two circuits going at the same time.

goosonique

Thanks Paul M....will give a go when CA3080 is available at my fav store...
Hey Paul Perry....as George said we do have a wide range of vendors here but as it is a phenomenon everywhere most of them only stock up parts which are on high demand. Like getting the 3PDT is such a pain!! Let me know if you need anything .... btw will be in Perth end of March for a small holiday ... wif family.

Yo George ....when you gonna buzz me ??!!

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Goosonique, I would say come & see me when you are in Australia.. but Perth is 2,740 K from Melbourne :cry: yeah those 3 poles are scarce here too, I recommend Aran!

goosonique

:lol: Yeah.... maybe next trip i will drop by your place !! btw you got some crazy pedalz man.... maybe i should plan my next trip now !!!
Let me know if you need anything from around here...Thanks heaps .... out!
tha Goose on tha Loose !!

goosonique

Hey Paul P..... need more info on Aran ????!!!! pls.

sir_modulus

That's Aron...he's kinda the maker of the forum...He has 3PDT switches for sale!

Cheers,

Nish