Wah Q control, need help please

Started by SMellmo, February 13, 2005, 10:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMellmo

hi there everyone !

I have a Dunlop GCB-95 and I want to add a "Q control" potentiometer to it.
I have found some "wah mods" websites that explain how to do it. I tried but basicaly, nothing changed: the sound stayed the same !

Here's what I did:
I installed a 100k linear pot in serie with the 33k resistor in parallel with the inductor so i can tweak ohm value.  

i get no change in the sound and even if i disconnect the pot AND the 33k resistor, nothing special happen !

i really don't understand what i am doing wrong, there is nothing complicated with this project....  

and yes, the pot is wired correctly, the current enters the middle lug and goes out on a side lug.

the resistor is not dead . i get 33k when i test it with the multimeter.

HELP !     :oops:

Ed G.

I find the 'Q' resistor mod is subtle, yet not subtle.
When adjusting it on the GGG mod-wah, you don't hear much difference if you are doing it the way I did it: Guitar lying on floor, I strum a string, move wah treadle, and adjust pot...it's not that noticable...until you put it on the floor, actually play the guitar, and hear the difference. It just sounds more vocal. More like "wow" instead of "wah" if that makes sense.

kusi

hi!

make it like the 535q-wah:

1k-pot in series to the inductor..... i post the schema on another thread.

greetings markus

Johnny G

on my Vox V847 reissue i just took out the 33k resistor in parallel with the inductor and put in a 100k pot. i found it made a huge difference. the wah literally became much more peaky. piercing even

i took the 33k resistor out since it was easier for me and i quite like having the really shallow wah effect
LET US INSTIGATE THE REVOLT,DOWN WITH THE SYSTEM!

Dai H.

did you do a continuity/ohms check to confirm the connections were in fact good?

SMellmo

Dai H. :    Yes all the connections are good.

kusi :    What change in the sound will this make if I install a 1k pot in series to the inductor ??

kusi

hi

the q-control in the 535q mulit-wah is with a 1k-pot!

http://forum.musikding.de/attachements/535q.jpg

trie it, and let me know how it works! 8)

greetings kusi

sir_modulus

Hmm....that's a interesting way to do it! I used the 33K paralleling the inductor, and then just added a 100K pot in series with that. Let me know how it works out!

Cheers,

Nish