Started by Hal, February 14, 2005, 07:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hal

dark copperish color

you can see all the colors clearly

copper

copper/green

green!

the pictures are decent, but don't quite portray the true majesty of the chameleon paint job.  I need to put labels on these, then give it back to the kid for a clear coat.  I think in the end I'm just going to use silver paint pen, but if you have any other suggestions, they are welcome.

Outlaws

Looks like it is nice.  My friend painted a gun stock with chameleon paint and couldn't get a picture with the true color of it even if his life depended on it.   :lol:

What brand of paint is it?

Hal

I dunno.  One of my friends owed me some money, and is now in BOCES (high school technical school for all you out of USers) so I was like "just paint my box!"  His truck is the same color.  Cool stuff.

Dragonfly

...it seems kinda funny that youre using $15 paint on $2 enclosures :)

seriously though...thats nice looking paint !

Michael P.

I'll have to check this paint out. And good luck on the SATs!

JimRayden

Well, that maks the box $17, doesn't it? :P

Really nice looking stuff.

--------------
Jimbo

Hal

Quote from: Michael P.I'll have to check this paint out. And good luck on the SATs!

HAHA I just saw that there myself.  Not sure why I still have it, SATs are long done.  And yes, I did fine :-D.

The paint isn't _that_ expensive.  He said its $8 for a smallish can, and he used about a quarter of it on this box.  Plus black primer and clear, brings it up a couple of bucks.  Not terrible, though.

I dunno what kinda results you'll get at home.  He did it in a big car paint room thing with all the electrocuting things and big ovens, and it didn't come out amazing - some runs on the sides.  But if you try it out, tell me how it goes :-D.