Anthony Leo Fuzz box article Popular Electronics

Started by RCZ53, February 14, 2005, 07:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RCZ53

Hello Folks,
Regarding the article that has the cool swell circuit used by Prescription Electronics ....I could swear I saw it on the internet somewhere , seems it was a pdf or gif files of the actual magazine ...now I can't find it!!! Can someone help me locate it? thanks very much in advance.
cheers Roger

zachary vex

it was always my understanding that the swell circuit was a happy accident... something jack stumbled on when trying to make his tone machine copy work.

dr

....I recently submitted an updated schematic, wiring diagram, and parts layout for this to JD, as there were mistakes in the schematic-there are also component changes in my working unit that are different from the one  on Casey's page....JD told me he would be posting it when he gets time..........please be patient......dr

casey

hey folks...

if yall build anything from my website, let me know any build reports you guys have, as i would be interested in seeing how they sound.

thanks.    :D

enjoy the site!

i have more stuff coming, i just havent had the time to put it on the site.
Casey Campbell

phillip

That article was originally posted at Fuzz Central, but I had to take them down for a while because of bandwidth consumption going over the top quite often.  

Paul Perry (Frostwave Effects) in Australia mailed several old magazine articles to me and I scanned them in and posted them at Fuzz Central a couple of years ago.  There was the fuzz (swell), a compressor and an audio limiter.  They may be making a return soon :)

Phillip

RCZ53

Thank you so much!
This is great. I seem to recall all the articles pages ...but they were pretty illegible anyway. I would be interested in seeing any corrections to JD's schematic, please keep me posted. As for the attack delay schematic. I have that kit ....built from a PAIA kit one of their first and the first one I ever built. Probably 1970 or so. It sounds horrible. I just can't bear to throw it out. Funky metal case that doesn't stay shut.
Thanks for all the feedback.
regards Roger

RCZ53

I just saw Phillips post ....I knew I wasn't crazy....well, at least not totally. I love Fuzz Central
thanks
Roger