O Scope Computer program

Started by jmusser, February 14, 2005, 10:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmusser

Is there such an animal as a program that you can load into your computer, that will turn it into an oscilloscope? I figure that you would have to have some sort of voltage and current protection of course, and a way to probe. I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. It would be cool to see what is happening wave form wise as you go through various points on your circuit.
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

niftydog

QuoteI figured it couldn't hurt to ask

I couldn't hurt to search either!

There are also some DIY kits that will interface a regular cro probe to your PC sound card and provide protection and impedance matching etc etc.
niftydog
Shrimp down the pants!!!
“It also sounded something like the movement of furniture, which He
hadn't even created yet, and He was not so pleased.” God (aka Tony Levin)

jmusser

Thanks for the links. For some reason I just didn't expect that to be a topic that had come up before, so It never occured to me to search :oops:  I actually had never heard of such a thing. Of course, I don't get out much either.
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".