Blank Enclosure Bottoms

Started by Rich G., February 14, 2005, 11:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich G.

I'm looking for some blank replacement plates to use with standard Boss effects (and a few others).  Does anyone know where one might find these?

This is for attaching pedals to a rack shelf with Dual Lock... instead of placing the stuff on the large rubber pad, I'd like to replace the bottom and mount the dual lock to the new plate... this way it should stick better, it won't gum-up the original pedal, AND I won't lose the Dual Lock if I sell the pedal. ;)

O

Would flipping the plate over work? What I mean is for the rubber part to be touching the PCB. It's worth a shot...

:)

Rich G.

Quote from: OWould flipping the plate over work? What I mean is for the rubber part to be touching the PCB. It's worth a shot...

:)

Tanks, but thought of that one & tried it.  No go on the Boss pedals, however it may work on some other models.

MartyMart

It should be easy enough to cut/drill some pieces of Alu to the right size?
I've just done that to replace some missing "Battery covers" on two Marshall Guv'Nor pedals.
Just remember to rub down those sharp edges !!

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Marek

Marty is right. Just use some Aluminium plates. You can buy them at home-depot or DIY stores or electronics stores.

Make a tight sandwich, consisting of:

**********************   piece of  wood
_______________   aluminium plate

**********************  another piece of wood

Put 4 screws trough all 3 layers to tighten them together.This way you can cut through the metal without bending the edges. Use an electric jigsaw with a small blade (in order to get those corners the way you want them)

You just need to file the edges afterwards, as Marty suggested.

Greetings,
Marek

Rich G.

Good suggestions, guys!  I think I'll give that a try.

sir_modulus

In case you do want one, I do have an extra boss plate! Pm me if you want it.

Cheers,

Nish

Rich G.

Here's an update... I went to Lowe's tonight to look for aluminum "blanks" which could be cut to fit the bottom of a boss pedal.

They had planks which were 2" wide and pretty thick (~1/8"), but the Boss pedals are 2.5" wide so those were out.

Next was some aluminum sheets that were like the thin pieces used in duct work.  These were WAY thin and WAY expensive for what I needed.  I'm not quite sure why the thin sheets were so much more than the long planks.

I glanced at aluminum diamond plate for a moment until I saw the price of THAT stuff! :shock:

I just sent an email to a buddy who does matel shop work to see what he's got.

If all else fails, I have a non-working microwave in the basement that I *knew* I was saving for some special purpose!... The metal case of the microwave could be cut to size plus it wouldn't have to be painted or anything.

waldo041

i found something on ebay that may help you out. $10 buy it now plus shipping might be worth less then diamond plate.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64417&item=7300267697&rd=1

hope it helps. peace, waldo

Rich G.

Quote from: waldo041i found something on ebay that may help you out. $10 buy it now plus shipping might be worth less then diamond plate.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64417&item=7300267697&rd=1

hope it helps. peace, waldo

Thanks for the info!  Unfortunately there was only one pedal bottom there I could have used... but it did give me an idea.

THIS is the kind of stuff I was looking for at Lowe's.  Compared to the prices I was seeing this looks really good!

MartyMart

Rich, the Alu I used for the "Battery covers" was from my old "dead" CDi player, it was the support for the CD !
About 10 cms by 7cms and 2mm thick.
Take a look in the "Microwave" there may be similar supports ?

Marty. 8)
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com