OT help: Wurlitzer schematic

Started by nosamiam, February 16, 2005, 01:58:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nosamiam

Hi folks,

I know this is not pedal-related, but all my other questions have been so I figure maybe just this once would be ok.  I would bring this up at a more appropriate forum, but I like you guys more, plus you all seem more knowledgeable about the electronic end of things...

Anyway, I have a Wurlitzer electric piano I have managed to screw up a little bit and I'm trying to pinpoint the problem.  Can someone, looking at this screenshot, tell me:

If I measure +150V at point A, what should I measure at point B?  (Point A is around the middle of the shot and B is to the left of it.)  Here's the pic:

Does anyone have a link to a site that explains the math?  I know, more or less, how resistors work in series/parallel, but I can't find a comprehensive site that explains caps in all their different functions.  I'm thinking a trip to the library might be in order.  In the meantime, can anyone offer any help?

I apologize if the pic is too large.

nosamiam

Sorry everyone.  I was going to try to edit to make the pic smaller, but the edit button isn't showing up... weird.

Scratch that.  Picture is manageable now.

puretube

hi:

the voltage @ point B depends on what is powered by it,
and how much current that part of the circuit consumes.
without seeing the rest of the circuit, there`s no chance of estimating,
especially coz the series resistors are quite large (1M-s).
If you give us a direct link to the schem, we can try...

(though I`m quite sure, there must be some "Wurl" forum somewhere,
that can come up with the answer easier, thru experience...)

nosamiam

I see.  Yeah, my understanding of the math is pretty minimal.  Well, I can post a link to the schematic.  I'll have to upload it when I get off of work and I'm on my way out to door to start work now.

I tried posting the question (worded differently) to the Wurlitzer group that I frequent, but no one ever replied.  There, they don't seem to mind questions going unanswered.  Here, at least someone will try, as did you, and I thank you.

So I'll be back later today with that link.