News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

ac128 pinout

Started by Revol, February 16, 2005, 06:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revol

Hi!
I´m trying to build a fuzz face and using a AC128 transistor(germanium).
And I can´t figure out the pinout.
Can anyone help me please????
I think I know the base, by measure it. But the emittor and collector is a real problem!
can I measure that in any way?
Thats the first problem!!

Their is also a electrolytic capicator problem..
On the scematic their is a 0.01 uf capicator.
And I couldn´t find such low value at a local store..  
So what will happen if i put in a 0.1 uf insted?
Or should I put in (lets say) four 0.1 in parallel so I will come closer to the orginal value?
Or... should I just find it somewhere else?

here´s a link to the schematic http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/diagrams/easyface.pdf

This is my first project so please have patience!  Im kinda dumb!

phillip

Here's a drawing showing the pinout of the TO-1 case, from GEOFEX, which includes the AC128 and NKT275:

http://www.geofex.com/FX_images/to1dwg.gif

A 0.1uF on the output will result in more bass getting through, making the pedal sound fatter...and possibly more "muddy" depending on your guitar and amp combination.  I've always found that the Fuzz Face is fairly muddy in its unmodified form.  To help resolve this, I started using a 1uF capacitor on the input instead of 2.2uF, left the output capacitor as 0.01uF and made the "volume" pot 100KA instead of 500KA.

If you put capacitors in parallel, their values add (like putting resistors in series), but if you put capacitors in series, they act like resistors in parallel.

Phillip

puretube

Hi & welcome Revol

that 0.01uF is drawn as an electrolytic capacitor,
but you only need a "normal" one (you can call it 10nF, too - your store has got to have this very usual value;
the guy that drew the schem, probably had started with a bigger (electrolytic) capacitor, experimented a while with different values, and ended up with 10nF, wrote down that value, but forgot to change the symbol afterwards...