Dime wah schematic!

Started by Arno van der Heijden, February 18, 2005, 01:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arno van der Heijden

jimbob

great! I think its layout time! Anyone?
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

Mike Burgundy

The quiet Vcc is a nice detail!
Buffered vox-style, with a lot of the standard tweaks, nice. an extra output opting between in/out?  Actually that's cute, instant stereo, and optional wah on just one!

Arno van der Heijden

Joep

Interesting....

The Zack Wylde overdrive is almost the same as a Boss SD-1 (surprising....) But there is....
- a high Z input
- some different caps around the toneshaping (2nd) opamp
- no output buffer

Bye,

Joep

puretube

Quote from: Mike BurgundyThe quiet Vcc is a nice detail!...

that "quiet" or "low-Z" bias ought to be in every circuit,
especially in clocked ones (LFO...),
like it has been propagated many times in this forum... :wink:

amz-fx

Quote from: Arno van der HeijdenThis is from another forum. For those who are interested:

http://forum.musikding.de/attachements/Db-01.jpg

I lurk in that forum occasionally...  it is interesting to see what they have to say about effects...  :D   :shock:

regards, Jack

sir_modulus

Hmm...that's some interesting stuff! That dime wah look cool!

Thanks!

Nish

Hevimies

It IS cool, as I own one. The best wah I've ever tried/owned/played with. And I've tried eg. a vintage CryBabyu from 60's
Yes, I *have* bought commercial effects, but I don't do that anymore...
For builders: I'd suggest using a Fasel inductor. Kicks ass compared to a non-Fasel inductor

kusi

hi guys!

hey, thats my drawn 8)

look at page 9 at this thread, i posted a new 535q schema. the old has some errors.... :oops:

but, 535q and db-01 are VERY the same!! if my reference-schematic is correctly, there is only the jack-switch, the non-true-bypass changed....

but dunlop says: db-01 is more agrresive and has more bass..... :lol:

greetings Kusi / KHE

Mike Burgundy

Quotethat "quiet" or "low-Z" bias ought to be in every circuit,
especially in clocked ones (LFO...),
like it has been propagated many times in this forum...
Too right, yet it very rarely crops up (unlike some other things propagated/presented here ;) )

There's a package of unfortunately rarely used but really cool features that should always be included indeed - polarity protection, supply filtering, lo-Z (thanks) bias, spike protection, etc.
Didn't RG or Jack have something up on that?

YouAre

anyone think its worth it to make a layout for the dime wah?

guitarmonky55

i would submit myself to a lifetime of slavery to any individual who made up a working pcb layout of the dime wah or the zakk wylde od.

YouAre

someone should do it! i hear its a damn good wah. i've got the 535q myself, and its awesome.

jimbob

I agree! I wish someone would too!
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

NaBo

if theres still no pcb layout when i'm finished the ac-2, i'll attempt this one... don't hold your breath though  :?

Gringo

I've got a pdf (same style as the ROG ones) for the zakk od, so get ready ;)

I'll mail it to anyone interested.
Cut it large, and smash it into place with a hammer.
http://gringo.webhop.net

YouAre

Quote from: NaBoif theres still no pcb layout when i'm finished the ac-2, i'll attempt this one... don't hold your breath though  :?

::holds breath.....passes out::

audioguy

Quote from: GringoI've got a pdf (same style as the ROG ones) for the zakk od, so get ready ;)

I'll mail it to anyone interested.

Can I get a copy of that?

Audio Guy

Gringo

Cut it large, and smash it into place with a hammer.
http://gringo.webhop.net