Week end builds - And, where is the Sparkleboost schematic?

Started by mojotron, February 18, 2005, 07:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mojotron

I'm building boosts this weekend... Does anyone know where to find the latest Sparkleboost schematic?

Also, suggestions on what the best booster is to get a fair amount of bottom end?

dosmun

mojotron

Hmmmm, not there either, besides I was really looking for the schematic.

Outlaws

Quote from: mojotronHmmmm, not there either, besides I was really looking for the schematic.

Sure it is.  It says "Dragonfly Sparkleboost".

Alpha579

Alex Fiddes

Dragonfly

Quote from: Alpha579hey dragonfly, what did u use to draw that?

ms paint

puretube

Quote from: Dragonfly....ahem......

schemosfernuttin` ?

posted=cloned...

:?:

Dragonfly

Quote from: puretube

schemosfernuttin` ?

posted=cloned...

yes, i realize that...but if all of us "hid" our designs from others, this forum wouldn't be much good, would it ? people here have to continue sharing...that way we all can benefit from this place. i certainly hope that nobody tries to steal the sparkle boost and use it commercialy, but even if they did...

1) ive established my name as the designer
2) ive established time of creation
3) theyd have to work fast to beat me to it :)
4) i have a great lawyer :)
andy
dragonfly fx

mojotron

Quote from: Outlaws
Quote from: mojotronHmmmm, not there either, besides I was really looking for the schematic.

Sure it is.  It says "Dragonfly Sparkleboost".

oh ya...  :oops:  :oops:  Dah! It's time for me to get some new glasses!

Thanks!

mojotron

Quote from: Dragonfly

schemosfernuttin` ?

posted=cloned...

The day we stop sharing is the day we stop getting anything out of this forum! Thanks Dragonfly!!   :D

puretube

Quote from: mojotron
schemosfernuttin` ?
posted=cloned...
The day we stop sharing is the day we stop getting anything out of this forum! Thanks Dragonfly!!   :D
looks like I`m being mistaken:
no 3 weeks ago, Dragonfly posted this:
http://diystompboxes.com/sboxforum/viewtopic.php?t=29330;
on his schem, there`s an explicit copyright, or rather say: anti-publishing note;
now I see his schemo (amongst some similar explicitly noted schemos),
as a re-posting on a different website...
that reminded me of having warned him of being too blue-eyed in that mentioned thread...

Dragonfly

schemosfernuttin` ?
posted=cloned...
looks like I`m being mistaken:
no 3 weeks ago, Dragonfly posted this:
http://diystompboxes.com/sboxforum/viewtopic.php?t=29330;
on his schem, there`s an explicit copyright, or rather say: anti-publishing note;
now I see his schemo (amongst some similar explicitly noted schemos),
as a re-posting on a different website...
that reminded me of having warned him of being too blue-eyed in that mentioned thread...

actually, Torchy has my express permission to have the schemo and vero layout on his site.

does someone besides Torchy have it on their site? If so, i need the address so i can contact them.

thanks...and btw, thank you for keeping your eyes open and your attention to this subject,
 andy
 dragonfly fx

mikeb

I'd be interested to see how you go actually prosecuting a commercial builder that used that schematic., especially given the simplicity of the circuit and prior-art splattered all over the 'net in the form of other FET/Mosfet boosters and the well-worn path that many others have followed. Even if a commercial builder DID decide to be 'tricky', it would be easy to change a couple of parts values without changing the behaviour of the circuit - and who is to say they didn't arrive at 'their' version independently after opening some other booster, working out the schematic and deciding to change the method of bias? It's not the good people on this forum you have to worry about, it's the people that stop by and help themselves to anything visible. You've made the schematic visible, ergo the schematic is easy picking for this crowd. And, unless you a very, very deep wallet, your options for actually doing something about this come to nothing, no matter what you words you put on the schematic.

Just the way I see it.

Mike

mojotron

schemosfernuttin` ?
posted=cloned...
I've been an engineer for a number of years and have made losts of patent applications on network technologies (infinband, firmware...) and talked to a lot of lawyers about what it takes to protect a design.. The reality is that you can't. Even if a schematic was not avalible, and it was a completely different design doing something completely new, if people liked it, they will reverse engineer it.... The only legal approach you can take is to keep others form infringing on your trademarks/copyrights... - but it gets a little fuzzy with the WWW.

The best thing to do, I think, is to work with people and refine your ideas, share knowledge, develop better ideas.... At the same time your developing working relationships with people with similar interests and you can then leverage their ideas as well as take on things you could normally not take on yourself.... If you request that a schematic not be re-posted, make note of those who don't respect that and approach it as a copyright issue... If they build something called a Sparkleboost... approach it as a trademark issue....

The important thing is that you helped some friends :lol: Someday they will help you...

I think it is just as hard to figure out a way to build good pedals that you could sell in any kind of volume, because that's the money end of it.