Strip board and Small Bear

Started by dosmun, February 20, 2005, 10:44:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dosmun

I E-mailed Steve about carrying Strip/Vero Board.  He said he is checking into it.  It sounds pretty promising that he will have it in the future.  Keep your soldering irons crossed :lol:

Ed G.

Steve is great about being receptive to requests. I'm really impressed with the quality of the stripboard layouts and how easy it looks. If Steve sees that he can sell 'em, I'm sure he'll stock 'em.

dosmun

I am going to try the BSIAB vero layout in the next day or 2.

Ed G.

Quote from: dosmunI am going to try the BSIAB vero layout in the next day or 2.

I guess that means you like it :D
You post on musictoyz, how do you think it stacks up against some of the other high-end distorters out there? I built it for what I wanted to hear, but I don't have any high-end pedals to compare it to. Last boutique pedal I had was a fulldrive2 in 98 or so and I traded it for a silverface Champ.

dosmun

I like it as good or better than anything else I have tried.  The Rat and BJF Dyna Red are 2 great Distoritons and it holds its own with both of those no problem.  I am going to build another and send it out so others from the Toyz forum can try it out.

bigjonny

If Steve sold 'em, that'd be sweet, but a Froogle search reveals that  RP Electronics sells "PCB - Copper Strips Predrilled", which includes VERO's.

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

It is trivially easy to build a stripboard layout on pad-per-hole board (which Steve and others already sell).
You just put the components in & then, instead of cutting the traces where indicated, you just solder down wire across where the strips would be.