old wah expression for Boss phase shifter???

Started by WorkBench, February 20, 2005, 10:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WorkBench

I am trying to make an old wah into an expression pedal for a Boss Phase shifter.  I can't seem to get it to do anything though.  I have tried the three wires coming off the wah pot in all different ways on the jack and I can't seem to make the Phase shifter do anything.  I have tried a mono jack and a stereo jack, again trying all combinations of the three wires off the old wah pot and nothing!  What do I need to do here???  Thank you!!
Chris
All good things in all good time

SnooP_Wiggles

make sure you have a stereo jack and a stereo lead to connect into the jack. Also replace the pot with a 10k linear pot (a wah pot is wrong value and taper). may need a bit of calibration of pot to get it right but i've got a rogue volume pedal to do the job.

WorkBench

Thanks!  The only thing is that the jack on the Phase shifter appears to be mono? It has only two lugs on it for conections.  I aint' gettin' this!  On another note, the board in this thing looks like a topographical map of the death star!
Chris

SnooP_Wiggles

Your probably forgetting that the shield of the jack is connected to ground thorugh the metal chassis of the boss pedal. Still need a stereo lead + jack (not too hard to find though....)

WorkBench

I Did forget that little detail, thanks!  I will procure a stereo cable and go from there, and let you know!  Thanks again Snoop wiggles!
Chris