New SparkleBoost build

Started by JerryP, May 23, 2005, 09:31:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerryP

Just finished this new SparkleBoost build based on Torchys J201 veroboard build. Slight error to overcome at first try but once sorted, works great. Does get a bit noisy at full volume (anyone else experience this?) but all in all a great boost pedal.

Have to say that Torchys superb layout made this a great build and I just wish had saved more of his projects!

Cheers all!

Jerry

LivingDeadPunk

Nice, very nice mate. Is it decal or printed paper?
Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.

Albert Einstein

JerryP

Hit submit a bit soon so sorry to Dragonfly who deserves copious amounts of respect for his design!

The design is a tried and trusted method of design using Fireworks, print it, laminate it, glue it on and brush laqcuer over it. Works great for me and getting better with each one.

Jerry

Rodgre

I too wish to give props to Dragonfly. It's a subtle, yet killer sounding circuit. At first I didn't think it went far enough, as far as a boost was concerned, and then I bypassed it and realized that it simply made the amp sound three times better.  

It particularly loves Fender amps.

Roger

JerryP

Anyone spot the deliberate mistake? For Tone read Gain !!

Didn't spot it until far too late in the process! Oh well, I know what it means.

cool build!  yea, at full gain, all boost pedals i build always amplify the already existing noise of my noisy single-coil pickups, but that's inherent in any gain pedal, i always thought.  All in all, it seems to be a nice, quiet circuit.

I love the Sparkle Boost.  I agree it sounds great going into a fender.

dosmun

The Sparkleboost is my favorite and I have built, bought and tried quite a few.

Wild Zebra

Looks great

I like the graphics :)

I hear great things about this pedal, but haven't built one yet
"your stripes are killer bro"

Mojah63

Nice graphics...  That design is on my list but I'm so S-L-O-W....
Paul

So many circuits, So little time

Bagge

Congrats on this fine build. I think I'll try to laminate next time. It should be a lot easier than sliding decals.
This is indeed a great effect, and I think I'll have to try another one of Dragonfly's contributions; maybe K.T.O.