were can I free design, layout, graphics software?

Started by samzeppelin, February 21, 2005, 04:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samzeppelin

Hi I was wondering if there are any free computer software(s) for like designing layouts, boxes ,decals , wiring an so on

Thanks .
/Sam
page rules

Outlaws

Quote from: samzeppelinHi I was wondering if there are any free computer software(s) for like designing layouts, boxes ,decals , wiring an so on

Thanks .
/Sam

www.gimp.org

I just found out a few days ago that this is no long only for Linux, its also on Mac and XP now.

Its very powerful considering its free.  Its an open source Photoshop rip.

samzeppelin

my question wasnt for a program who got it all-in-one
just like one who u can make layouts with and one u can design decals and so on
page rules

SirPoonga

Any art/drawing program, like the gimp, should work for that.

Outlaws

Quote from: samzeppelinmy question wasnt for a program who got it all-in-one
just like one who u can make layouts with and one u can design decals and so on

I don't get what you mean?

Is it too much program?

It doens't have any preset template if that is what you mean.  But you can set the document size, draw out anything you want, as photo realistic as you want or as simple as you want, and then print it up on sticky paper have a nice looking lable.

Many decals have been done in Photoshop.  I personally would use Illustrator, I am unaware of any free programs like it.  Though Photoshop (and Gimp) can still manipulate text in many, many ways.  Just play around a bit, I am sure you will find it does everything you could possible want, and better than a normal "decal" program every could dream of doing.

d@vide

i draw the layouts with photoshop but with the gimp is the same and its free!
http://digilander.libero.it/6hiwatt/dave/

bean

You can try Project Dogwaffle, as well. It's a nice paint program and there is a free version. Just go to downloads link and scroll down to find the free version.

http://www.squirreldome.com/cyberop.htm