...what model or make was the original Univibe enclosure?...

Started by dr, February 22, 2005, 07:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dr

.....trying to find out who manufactured it, and what part number it is....does anyone have any information?.....thanks!........dr

Dai H.

what do you mean? The original manufacturer? I believe it was Shin-Ei, who also made effects for other brands. Also, I think the Univibe was out under other names like "Reslie Vibe", or something like that. You did try Googling, right?  :wink:

dr

.....no, I know ShinEi made the Univibe itself- what I want to know is what company made the ENCLOSURE for the Univibe.....somebody said the enclosure was made by LMB, someone else told me Heeger.....I haven't been able to find that style of enclosure on either of their websites.......

R.G.

It's a custom made enclosure for the 'vibe as far as I know. I don't believe there are any exact commercial equivalents available.  There may be some close enough to use, but they won't pass as original sheet metal, if that's what you're interested in.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

dr

......I'm not really looking for the original box, just something similar to house the Neo Vibe I built; I only had full-size RV4 style pots to use on mine and the Hammond/Bud-type enclosures that I had don't have enough vertical real estate for the dual pot and all the other stuff (power transformer,light,fuse....etc....).....I was going to find something similar to the original wedge shaped box so that it would fit better........( I also used a small aluminum juice can for the light shield, and its a bit tall! and oddly enough when I put the square-type light shield on it it sounded different in a not so good way......?)