Oldish Boss SD-1 Pics

Started by Khas Evets, February 23, 2005, 06:00:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khas Evets

Here are the insides of two Boss SD-1's I have, thought you might be interested in the differences.

The one with green caps and JRC 6201 is a black label made in Taiwan, and the other with silver caps and JRC 9G60 has had the sticker removed. Anyone know how to date these things? I'm planning to keep one stock and mod the other. Thanks.

SnooP_Wiggles

well actually there both jrc4588D chips. the bottom number is just the serial number. I had an old black label MIJ that had a C4558 opamp, which sucked so i modded it with help from fuzzcentral.tripod.com and now its a lot better...

MartyMart

I have the same SD-1 black label "Taiwan"  this was an early "Taiwan" version I bought in late 1986 !  It has the same green caps too.
I think that the "silver caps" are from more modern versions, perhaps mid to late 90's, they are used in New models today.
Hope that helps ?

Marty. 8)
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Khas Evets

Thanks, Marty. I was hoping the silver one was newer because it's more beat up. I picked it up for $20 and figured that's cheaper than building the same thing from scratch. Now for the mods...