Carlsboro Suzzzzzzzz

Started by col, February 24, 2005, 03:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

col

Has anyone got a schematic for this. I used one in the early 80's with my bass and listening to a recording from the time it sounds like someone farting very loudly. The band might be getting back together for a one-off for one of the singers 40th birthday so we want to sound as similar as possible. I lent what was left of mine to someone a couple of years ago and never got it back.
The case was plastic and the pots had plastic inserts that went through the case. These got pinched at a gig and couldn't be replaced.
I turned up at a recording session in the early 90's and the Engineer told me that he had recorded a lot of punk bands in the 80's who had all used them and we DI'd it straight to the desk. Now listening to the LP  the sound isn't constant and the bass goes up and down in level with the speed of playing. Other recordings from the same time don't have this so I know it wasn't me! It was either the pedal (poss battery) or the mixing desk.
I built our Bass player a Bazz Fuss which sounds a lot better but I'd like to build the Suzzzz if possible.
Col