Ibanez DDL switching problem

Started by Mike Burgundy, February 24, 2005, 05:49:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Burgundy

Hi all,
I have an Ibanez DLL that always "listens" to the signal, even when in bypass. This means that you get delays from what you used to be playing, at the moment you switch it on. This is a bit annoyng, to say the least. I figured this had something to do with the input switching FET - no deal.
This is a very crowded, double layered board, and I've managed to figure out that the switching apparently goes into the MC4101 processor. The input signal gets fed into this as well - the processor handles the switching, okay...hmm. But how on earth do I get this to behave?
Any ideas whatsoever?

MartyMart

I dont know if this makes any sense, but I'll suggest something !!
If you dont want to "carve up" the circuit to get rid of the electronic switching, which seems to be feeding "what you've just played" into the chip....
How about wiring a DPDT switch as normal, into a very small box that you could "velcro" to the side of the DDL, drill a small hole in the Ibanez and the new switch box to route the I/O of FX and I/O of jacks to with a bit of "heat shrink" around them for neatness.
Leave the Ibanez "always on" and use the true bypass DPDT to switch your signal in and out.
When bypassed it will pass around the DDL to the jacks and when engaged you wont get the "I just played that" situation as it wont have just gone to the circuit/chip at all

Am I mad or does that sound feasable ??

Marty. :roll:
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

rocket

look at http://www.8bitsindgenug.net/mn0bit.htm
for the schematic of the dfl which is similar.

the MC.. chip is the ad/da converter plus something