stereo down-mixing

Started by arielfx, February 25, 2005, 10:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arielfx

i need to downmix 5 outputs from 5 different pre-amps into one output. i need to do that for -20db out and +4db (XLR) anyone got a basic project for this? i don't need any EQ or anything and if there are knobs they will also be replaces with resistors.

i will appreciate the help.

squidsquad

Call me Micky Mouse...and someone can correct me if I'm nuts...but I think you could take a few RCA cables...chop em in two....tie all the hots to one...all the grounds together also.  I used to do that with old 4 track Teac outputs...and it worked OK.  Cheap & easy...must be mixed from the sources.

zachary vex

you need to find a basic mixer schematic with both unbalanced and balanced inputs at two difffent operating levels?  this is not a beginner's project, but it might be possible to find something on the net if you search for mixer schematic +4 +10 or something.

MartyMart

That sounds fairly complex, you'd be better off buying a small "Behringer or "Phonic" mixer for under £100.

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

arielfx

the preamps have two sets of outputs: -10dB & +4dB.
I want to wire in a way I will gang all the -10dB together and all the +4dB together. there's no need to mix them together, if I understood some of the things written here.

my first idea was buying a mixer but that would be too much work and too expensive. this is a channel switching system i am building for a guitar player. i hope it will be done in a month or two and when it will i will post some links to it.