OT: Tube amp parts

Started by Connoisseur of Distortion, February 27, 2005, 02:25:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Connoisseur of Distortion

in the preamp, will i be needing any high voltage/ wattage/ amperage parts? and does anyone know how i could wire up a 25L6 (or 5 of them) to give me output?

ok. i have caught on to ONE part anyways.

i probably want to run this thing in class AB2 push-pull amplification. anyone know where i could find generic schematics/ explanations of this? (for a PENTODE tube, of course)

toneless

Hey Connoisseur! AX84.com have a lot of cool schematics and an interesting forum about amps. 8)

ok! i figured out the output/ power amp issue. i just decided to modify an existing circuit for the tubes i have.

now... about the preamp issue...

i intend to use the Mesa Boogie preamp from tubefreak.com for a distortion channel, and maybe a fender or something for my clean channel.

what parts would need different ratings? ( i have an idea, but i really don't wanna go hunt down a hundred high power parts  :oops: )

edit: maybe i should of mentioned which boogie it was  :roll:
Dual rectifier.

Hailstorm350

connoiseur, are you building the preamp for the dual recto?  I was going to do that soon too.  Tell me how it goes and what parts you decide on.  I'm going to be just using the preamp standalone as a rack-unit so I'll need some different stuff, but it will be helpful anyways
thanks,
ken
Now, don't you start that again!