Tonepad? Wah trimmers? Volume ? Boost? Other Options?

Started by jimbob, March 01, 2005, 02:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbob

Ive noticed at the Tonepad wah project has trimmers. How/why is this? Is this to take the place of a standard value resistor/s in different areas that affect tone and sounds ..and to tweak for person taste versus having to solder and re- solder 1 value parts? If i choose to do this I assume this- example- where it requires a 470k i would get a 500k trimmer- connect 2 of the legs togather and install it to the board that way.?. Ive seen some wah out there ..tonepad and at stewart castledines site where theres all these different trimmers.. I like the idea of that much tweaking and control..

Also- I thought about wanting to add a volume control ( how would i go about doing this? Or even better. Adding a boost switch like the new 535q wahs.  I want to learn to incorporate as many of the available options to my wahs as commercial ones and others out there.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

jimbob

Also - ive seen some wahs with opamps/ic's.. any layouts/projects/scematics out there like that?
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

Fret Wire

Tonepad's wah board has three trimmers. Only one is for tuning the wah: the 100k trimmer at the lower center of the schematic. It comes off the 33k after the inductor. Thats the "Q" or vocal mod. Most people go from the stock 33k to 56k or 68k, the Clyde used 100k. The other two trimmers are for adjusting the input and output buffers, which are optional. With truebypass, I'd wouldn't install the input buffer, I'd go with the output buffer so it would wah right with a fuzz pedal.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

jimbob

I added a output trimmer found at phillips site. I guess that its just built into the board rather than a seperate board like i have. What would an input buffer be used for if its true bypass?