To Zombie Chorus or to Small Clone Clone

Started by jupiterboy, March 01, 2005, 07:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jupiterboy

Any advice?? I want to build a chorus pedal and these two are the contenders. I don't know enough about circuitry to analyze if the zombie chorus will sound as good as the small clone. Also does anyone know where to get the Zombie Chorus mods or where marcs/monkeys website is??? Thank You. JB

Mark Hammer

For those wanting something very cheap and able to make a chorus sound, the Zombie is fine.  By the time you do all the things that need doing to make it sound good enough for gigging, though, you have a Small Clone on your hands.

Respect the Zombie for the minimalist masterpiece that it is, but build the Small Clone for piece of mind and aural pleasure.  There ARE mods (which can also be lifted/transplanted from the modded Zombie), but get a regular one working first, then we'll talk about mods.

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

Simple answer: Small Clone.

Mark is right, you'll need all those parts that were stripped to make the zombie in order to make it a pedal you can gig with.
www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

jupiterboy

Thank you guys. i will order the tonepad small clone and let you know how it builds.)

george

good call - I love mine and it it doesn't goddamn TICK ....