off topic? Fet Muff & Son Of Screamer

Started by Branimir, September 03, 2003, 05:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Branimir

greets!
the forum's new look is cool!
Way back in 199something when i started building effects at home, jack orman had these designs on his site, fet muff and the son of screamer, i remeber them as really nice pedals with a firm sound, since then i had to dismantle their boxes and took parts from them to build new effects... 3 years have passed since then..
heh my inqury, does anyone else here built these pedals and is using them today, giged with them and how do they sound compared to newer diy pedals, obsidian, smashdrive and so...
i can't remember a single thing about my pedals, hehe i remember gettinga nice soundgarden sound out of son of scream. and a cool marshall type dist out of fet muff....
heh.
i should get to refiting them again heh...
:)

ps: heheh in later days i put them in the same box and used them altogether for more distortion eheheh, my band's second guitarist used for one gig also hehe
Umor

Built: Fuzz Face, Small Stone, Trem Lune, Fet Muff, Big Muff (green), Fuxx Face, Son of Screamer, Rat, Rebote 2.5, Opamp Big Muff, EA Tremolo, Easyvibe, Axis Face Si

Rodgre

I've built them and still use them, especially the Son of Screamer. I've had one for use in the studio since '98 or '99 and I've never had a problem.

I've also built pedals based on the Son of Screamer board for two of my bass player friends and they still sound great.

Soundgarden and Tube Screamers? I never would have made that connection.

Roger

Branimir

yeah i know, i didn't use it to push the amp into overdrive, just the son of scr. distortion, i had nice outshined type of distortion, altough early soundgarden material is too wierd, i don't know who did Thayill got those sounds...
eg: Nothing To Say, Flower, hm... actually the whole screaming life ep heh..
.any ideas?
:)
btw sg rules heh
Umor

Built: Fuzz Face, Small Stone, Trem Lune, Fet Muff, Big Muff (green), Fuxx Face, Son of Screamer, Rat, Rebote 2.5, Opamp Big Muff, EA Tremolo, Easyvibe, Axis Face Si