Finished foxx tone machine have a ?

Started by Wild Zebra, March 02, 2005, 10:57:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wild Zebra

So I really like the sound of this here thing, there are two subtle
things I'm noticing:

1. When switching to octave there is a slight pause, really no big deal just wondering if its common or if I did something wrong

2. In octave setting I hear a very audible picking sound when striking the string, like palm muting I guess. Just a chuk chuk every time and its pretty loud

anyone experience this

"your stripes are killer bro"
"your stripes are killer bro"

leonhendrix

hi

i get the problem when switching to octave too, i did have the switch as a footswitch so i could quickly go from fuzz to octave but it was more annoying (with the pause) than useful.

leon

petemoore

Getting octave WithouT the chukk on pickattak...most of mine all do that to soem extent...some more than others.
 Not to say there isn't a way to work it out...but yes I've noticed that.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

jmusser

Is the "chukk" sound the sound that Doug was getting while playing his OUSB sample? I like that sound. My OUSB don't do that as pronounces as his sample, so I'm guessing it's an equipment thing again. If you don't have or remember it, I can E Mail it to you.
Homer: "Mr. Burns, you're the richest man I know"            Mr. Burns: Yes Homer It's true... but I'd give it all up today, for a little more".

sysexguy

Not DIY, but my Retroman Wolf Tone (which may be my favorite pedal ever) has a short ramp/delay when the octave is kicked in. Everything esle on it is tops, it's so quiet I can happily use it in line with a cranked amp.

If I was doing one myself and having the octave available instantly was a requirement, I'd build 2 parallel circuits (one with octave) and switch those.....could even put a pan pot to blend it in....or have it dynamically controlled...envelope octave :shock: hmmm

Andy