Clipping diode placement, and a schem to try

Started by onboard, March 02, 2005, 08:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayp5150

hey, I just wanted to point out that although I thought that I thought of the diode on a fuzz face thing (make sense?), someone had actually beat me to it.  Do a search for "many faces of fuzz".  I believe it was Tim Escobedo (?).

There was one called the Bazz Face, I think, that had diodes in the feedback loop of a fuzz face-type circuit.  I did not try tht design, I just adapted it to the FF I was building.  I was originall trying to put the diodes from C to B of Q1, (i.e.--Muffer, BMP) whcih did nothing.

Just giving credit where is due.  The only reason I named the FF I built is to be unique (that way people go, "ooh, what's a "Gypsy Beaver?").

OK, conscience is clear...

edit: here's a link  http://www.geocities.com/tpe123/folkurban/fuzz/fuzzyfaces.html

onboard

"What we want to use is nature's method to evolve optimal solutions without the hindrance of preconceived knowledge."  8)  

Analog circuit design based on genetic algorithms. That is the coolest thing I've read about in a long time. It's evoluuuuution, maaaaan.

I know from the Bazz Fuzz, a single transistor stage with a feedback diode - ridiculous gain and absolutely synthy, abrupt attack/decay fuzz.

This calls for sound clips all around.
-Ryan
"Bound to cover just a little more ground..."