ea trem in wah shell to volume pedal conversion Q

Started by nightingale, March 03, 2005, 12:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightingale

i built the ea trem into a wah shell using the wah pot to control the "rate"..
i used the ROG schemmo: http://runoffgroove.com/eatremolo.html

now i have decided that i would like to swich it between volume/trem modes with a toggle on the side.

i can't figure out how to modify the circuit to make the "volume pedal mode"work correctly. i know that i can't just hook the switch right up to the "rocker pot" to control the volume?

i know that volume pedals have some actives inside of them. i was thinking that it would be possible to use the mosfet part of the ea trem?

or somehow i could wire the swtch to bypass the trem, and then wire the "rocker pedal pot" to control the volume when the switch is thrown.

sorry if this is a little confusing.
any ideas?
be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com

bwanasonic

Quote from: nightingale
i know that volume pedals have some actives inside of them.

Some do, but many don't, including the venerable Ernie Ball 6166. It's just a 250k pot, and a little internal switch that toggles in a resistor to vary the taper.

Kerry M

Transmogrifox

PM me your email address and I'll send the schematic as I have modified it in MS paint.  It requires a DPDT toggle, but it should work just fine.
trans·mog·ri·fy
tr.v. trans·mog·ri·fied, trans·mog·ri·fy·ing, trans·mog·ri·fies To change into a different shape or form, especially one that is fantastic or bizarre.