Request for Torchy or Dragonfly

Started by tungngruv, March 03, 2005, 12:41:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tungngruv

Would one of you two consider doing a Veroboard layout for Mark Hammers "Chaos" and the corrected "RoseyRay"? Both circuits are killer!!I can send you the correction notes from this forum if needed. Please? :D Thanks

hilbi

may i add the amz super buffer to the requests list?  :D
hilbi

Built so far: PNP FuzzFace, MXR Dynacomp, EA Tremolo, AMZ Mosfet Boost, AMZ Super Buffer, Blue Magic, Peppermill, RM Axis Face, Sparkle Boost, BSIABII, ROG Ruby, AMZ Mini Booster, MXR Phase 45 Univibe, Tremulus Lune, Dallas Rangemaster, Ross Comp

adgators89

and the small clone chorus would be cool as well

of course, I am a beginner and still have problems with the sparkleboost :)

someday I would like to build the small clone

Hevimies

Yeah, and as I said in the Veroboard Layouts Site thread, a Neutron layout would be supercool!

Marcos - Munky

A Small Clone and a Neutron??? Well, the board will be BBBIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!

tungngruv

I do admit that a Small Clone would be very cool but.......... in my experience, once I get a great overdriven guitar tone I tend to forget about what I could stomp on next and really get into playing.  :D
With that said:

http://hammer.ampage.org/

RoseyRay and Chaos

Mark Hammer wrote:
QuoteI posted a schematic on my site last year for a two-headed distortion pedal that panned between a Tube-Screamer/mellower-Dist+ sound and a heavily scooped death-metal sound. It "worked" okay, but there was an annoying motorboating sound that undermined its usability.
I finally licked the problem and the pedal is now usable. The problem was that I had relied upon a cap before the output volume pot to block any DC proceding onto the next pedal or amp. Unfortunately, DC and other nasties were recirculating through the second distortion stage. So, the other day I stuck a 1uf polarized cap between the output of the second stage and the notch filter immediately after it, and a second 1uf cap between the output of the first stage (just after the diodes) and its lowpass filter. Blocks any and all DC and hum from oscillating or reentering the second high-gain stage, and cleaned it right up. VERY interesting pedal now and worth a try.

How about it, Veroboard Super Heroes? :lol:

petemoore

4-6 stage phasers on perf, I've done 'em...
 Would be interesting to figure out a nice 4 stage phaser stage stripboard layout, because it would make following the layout/getting it to work much easier than perf, for those of us who choose not to dip boards for one reason or another.
 Then have separate LFO sections you could use Jfets or LED/LDR's...that alone would be cool, I have that 6 stager, and it'd be neat to try LDR's on it since it's kinda 'sleepy' [ticky too] with the Jfets trying to control the sweeps.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Hevimies

Quote from: Marcos - MunkyA Small Clone and a Neutron??? Well, the board will be BBBIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah... I know that. I've done a veroboard layout for a phase 45, but it's not very good...