Danelectro FAB Overdrive and Distortion

Started by ocelot, March 03, 2005, 03:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ocelot

I just saw the cheap pedals danelectro are offering $19 each !! they say they are reproductions of famous pedals anybody know which ones ? The distortion pedal sounds awesome for $19

RDV

I think the "Fab-Tone" is an original design, and a good sounding one IMO(reliability not withstanding).

RDV

ocelot

Hey RDV they have 3 new pedals @ $19 called

Fab Overdrive, Fab Distortion , Fab Metal

have a listen to them on their website

vanhansen

Erik

RDV

They do sound good, but I wonder what pedals they're copying?

Hmm

RDV

ocelot

I know if you read the text it says a well boutique company are building them

BlackFlag1313

Quote from: ocelotI just saw the cheap pedals danelectro are offering $19 each !! they say they are reproductions of famous pedals anybody know which ones ? The distortion pedal sounds awesome for $19

I heard that the Surf n Turf Compressor is a Dyna-Comp based circuit.  I haven't checked this out for sure but it does have a CA3080 OTA in there.  I got one on ebay for $14 new.  I was a pretty killer comp for less than $15 even if it was built out of plastic.  It did have its limits though.

Transmogrifox

Those look like great modding pedals.  Take it out of the cheap plastic enclosure, remove the CMOS active bypass, add TBP, replace the pots with higher quallity pots, put it in a 1590B and you've got a killer stompbox.  I imagine the circuit is mostly SMT so it makes it a little more difficult to mod the circuit, but the OD and distortion sounded pretty good.  The Metal pedal was not that great to my ears.  I suspect the OD is a tubescreamer of some flavor.

I think the audio was somewhat colored as I think I heard a little bit of distortion on the clean guitar sound before he stomped the pedal.
trans·mog·ri·fy
tr.v. trans·mog·ri·fied, trans·mog·ri·fy·ing, trans·mog·ri·fies To change into a different shape or form, especially one that is fantastic or bizarre.

vanhansen

Quote from: RDVThey do sound good, but I wonder what pedals they're copying?

Hmm

RDV

I wonder that myself.  Probably some from a builder who is full of himself.  (read carefully to get the hint on who I'm thinking about).  :D

Even if the enclosures are plastic, who says you can't through them in to a more sturdy enclosure.

The price is sure right if you can't afford the high dollar pedals.  Looks like they're aiming at the beginner / casual player market.
Erik

Mojah63

Paul

So many circuits, So little time