News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

SansAmp GT-2

Started by Hailstorm350, March 04, 2005, 02:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hailstorm350

Has anyone gotten their GT-2 to sound like the clips on the tech-21 website?  The sounds there are awesome and inspiring, and I was wondering if it would be worth it to build one or to buy one because then I know I would get that sound guaranteed.
Thanks,
Ken
Now, don't you start that again!

javacody

Yes, you can get the sound (from what I've read and heard) by using the layout/schem from tonepad.com. You'll want to do some research though, as folks had more success by switching the opamps. Search the forum.

Samuel

FWIW I had some weeeeeeeeeird artifacts using TL072s - the listed OA - the TL2262 (I think?) cleared everything up - was never able to fully squelch the self-oscillation when the controls are maxed, though....

gak

i've done mine using tl072 opamps... i have no oscillations or anywhing like that (just some humm when using single coils)...
anyway, i couldn't get mine to sound just like the tech21 sound samples
i mean, mine sounds amazing, just couldn't get that sounds using the same settings
maybe tweaking settings a bit i'll be able to get that sounds, i haven't tryied anyway...
also using different opamps surely makes it sounding different to the original one, but i'll be putting on him some rail to rail opamps soon

after saying all that... i can say it's a worth building, go ahead!

Pierre

i get a very wonderfull tone from my tonepad's gt2 clone...i use it to give some live to my little Marshall practice amp...I put TL072's and at max settings it oscillate like crazy...Im planing to build a second version with better caps and TLC 2262's in it...Besides the oscillating thing, im very happy whit its sounds, a very powerfull high gain rock and roll distortion !!!