THE BEST AGRESSIVE DISTORTION AND THE WORST

Started by j0shua, March 05, 2005, 12:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j0shua

Guys in your opinion what is the best agressive distortion and the worst ?
*** Please do not RATE Fuzz boxes or Ibanez Tube Screamer ***

Hal

my amps is the best and my other amps is the worst.

Nikolay

I can play Death, Machine head, Dream theater with sansamp. Another not bad distortion for hard metall is from laney
see this:
http://www.laney.co.uk/html/Downloads/Services/MXD65.pdf
(only preamp)

I'm interrested too for brutal metal souns ;)

j0shua

Hehehe you like brutal metal ... well check in the page of the Insane Distortion build Termogra. and me ..... :) also you can download the fisrt release of my band song....

strungout

Oy.

I'm messing with the MT-2 and is pretty damm cool and versatile, play some Caliban, Bleeding Through, Strung Out (new album, check it out!), Pennywise...

Worst: HM-2

Ciao.
"Displaying my ignorance for the whole world to teach".

"Taste can be acquired, like knowledge. What you find bitter, or can't understand, now, you might appreciate later. If you keep trying".

j0shua

this is my top 5  

best :

Rocktron planet distortion
Digitech Metal Master      
Boss Mega distortion
My Amp Distortion ( Marshall DSL100 )

BAD:

Ibanez Trashmaster
Digitech Death Metal
Boss Heavy Metal , Hyper Metal or Metal zone 2
Ibanez Sonic Distortion
Marshall Guv'nor

MarkB

Best:   a good amp  (Rivera, Mesa, Diezel, Soldano)

Worst:  most solid-state amp distortion (though supposedly some of those are great for REALLY heavy death metal)

dr

.....my best: Z Vex Fuzz Factory......my worst: a no-name fuzz that resembles the Guild Foxey Lady 2-knob I found at the pawn shop...(that one is so aggressive in the worst way in that it always seems to start fights at the gig!)....................

j0shua

thanks for your coments Dr.

but fuzz are not rated

bryantbr

I have to go with the original DOD FX69 for Distortion.  I'm working on the PCB layout for the FX69 if anyone's interested.

BSIABII then the Boost Channel on my Valvestate S80.  I'd like to put that in a box.  "BIBSIAB" (The Back in Black Sound in a Box)

j0shua

FX69 the American Metal ? or the DeathMetal effect?

i have both schematics

bryantbr

Sorry.  The FX69 Grunge.  I've taken mine apart because I wanted to put it into a 1590BB.  I'm in the process of tracing the board and doing a parts layout.

space_ryerson

My favorite is the amp distortion out of one of my old randalls. I've never found a pedal that I like as much as that amp's distortion.

Munky just drew out a schematic for the preamp of the same randall I mentioned, if you are interested.

j0shua

ohhh the grunge distortion hehe, hmmmm i think are some mod for that effect ..... i will search and post here!

Sam

Best: ProCo RAT.
Worst: Anything by Zoom.
"Where's the paper bag that holds the liquor?
Just in case I feel the need to puke." - Silver Jews

Marcos - Munky

Best: my amp distortion, BSIAB2 (for hard hock and old Ozzy like sounds), Digitech Metal Master, old Transistor Obsidian.

Worst: Boss DS-2, Zoom 505ii distortions.

I can't tell that the Boss Metal Zone is in the "best" list, it's heavy, aggressive, versatile but it don't have too much gain for my ears :P. I say that it's "good".

adgators89

Best: Digitech Metal Master

Worst: proco rat

casey

this has been asked before, but here's my 2 cents:

best : modded boss superoverdrive ( i know, I know...no tubescreamers..)  or orman's son of screamer

worst:
Big Muff Pi
Muff means "Muffled"

there's a great artice about the difference between fuzz, overdrive, and distortion...it's a must read for ya.

i think r.g. or jack orman wrote it.
Casey Campbell

j0shua

to Sam:

I hate zoon effects cheap distortion and effetcs  :P , 90% of the time zoom and other multi effects freeze or erase memory when the power is down..... i have a zoon 3030 and last time i se was in 2001......

i love my My Amp Distortion ( Marshall DSL100 ) .... it's like hell!

this is the list of pedal i don't use anymore :

Ibanez Tube screamer
Boss EQ.
Boss Heavy Metal ( 1989 made in japan )
Boss Compressor sustainer ( i like Marshall compressor )
and some phaser and flanger from DOD ....

* all are in box since 2002

Ben N

Best (all very different):
Tech21 XXL
ProCo Rat
Marshall Drivemaster (I assume the Guv'nor is too tame to be considered here, although I like it better)

Worst:
DS-1 (unmodded)
Vox Distortion Booster

And the number 1 worst:
DOD Supra Distortion
  • SUPPORTER