Some new Rangemaster clone pics...

Started by hairyandy, March 07, 2005, 03:31:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hairyandy

Hey all,

I thought I'd throw up some pics of some more RM clones that I've been working on.  I've got the box painting process down to about three days now and the guts go pretty quick--maybe 2 hours per pedal.  I'm wiring them point-to-point on pad-per-hole perf using a modified Torchy stripboard layout.  They're all socketed Mullard OC44's with CC resistors.  I've got to give props to Steve Daniels' for his push-in terminals.  Those things are the BOMB!  They make it soooo much easier to securely fasten wires to the perf.

I'm making these four for some friends.  I still need to buff the clear coat out tomorrow and then stuff the boxes.  The color graphics were done at Kinko's on their color laser printer onto Avery 8665 clear labels.  I can fit six 1590B layouts on one page for $.89!  The clear one was an inkjet waterslide decal as were all the side labels.

Hope you dig 'em!   :D

Andy Harrison
It's all about signal flow...
Hairyandy's Layout Gallery

Alpha579

wow, there really nice! well done, love the finishes, congrats!
Alex Fiddes

MartyMart

Fantastic work andy !!
Love those "Who's Louder" boxes  :D
How are the "Clear Avery" sheets workin' out ? I just ordered some that are "sticky" backed, I had too many "Bubbles" using the water transfers.

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

hairyandy

Thanks guys!

MartyMart:  The sticky backed Avery labels are what I used.  They work great but they aren't clear like they say, they're opaque.  I use them for anything that I want to have color or a background.  They're also really easy to apply to the box.  If I want to see the metal through the label, I'll use a waterslide decal.  The Small Bear laser decals are great.  They're much better than the inkjet ones and they seem to be tougher as well.  I have yet to rip or fold one over and the inkjets were a pain in the ass!
Andy Harrison
It's all about signal flow...
Hairyandy's Layout Gallery