Simple transistor tremelo.

Started by jbm222, March 07, 2005, 09:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbm222

I want to build a very simple tremelo using 2N3904s and/or 3906s.  My goal is to elimante opamps and LED/LDRs completely.  I'm thinking the best way to be find a way to vary the gain of a single 3904 amplifier, but I don't want to use an LDR to do it.  Will putting a resitor at the 3904 emmiter and oscillating the voltage at the other side of it (the resistor) acheive this?

Any other ideas?

smashinator

Have you taken a look at the EA Tremolo?  You can check it out over at www.runoffgroove.com
People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. - George Bernard Shaw

http://pizzacrusade.blogspot.com/

lightningfingers

Use a phase shift oscillator to vary the signal level.....

Quote from: jbm222I'm thinking the best way to be find a way to vary the gain of a single 3904 amplifier, but I don't want to use an LDR to do it

You could use a 2N3904 as a variable reistor.
U N D E F I N E D

dosmun

I built the EA Tremolo and it is very easy and sounds great.

casey

theres one called p.e.t. (pretty easy tremolo)  - is this a j. davidson design?  i cant remember...but it's super easy to build.
Casey Campbell

jbm222

I found a schematic for the P.E.T.  I think I have all the parts for it except the 1M pot, so i think I'm going to mess around with one of those.

Transmogrifox

I would put one more up for the EA tremolo.  It's a pretty straightforward design.
trans·mog·ri·fy
tr.v. trans·mog·ri·fied, trans·mog·ri·fy·ing, trans·mog·ri·fies To change into a different shape or form, especially one that is fantastic or bizarre.

Mihkel

Quote from: jbm222I found a schematic for the P.E.T.  I think I have all the parts for it except the 1M pot, so i think I'm going to mess around with one of those.

Could you provide a link to that schematic?

Thanks

Ge_Whiz

Isn't there a schematic somewhere for a 'Walco' tremolo using all bipolar transistors? Can't find it at the moment.

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

casey

Casey Campbell

Mihkel

I ran that site through Google translator and got a pretty funny translation:

QuoteThe usual thing:
1 double investing key of pulser
2 jacks of 6.5mm (one stereo and another monkey)
Paper clip of bateria
Jack of transformer
Plate of pertinax, percloruro, tin, etc.
Cable

onboard

Aw cripes, another monkey! My monkeys are all gone...

Seriously, the p.e.t. looks much easier than the EA. Man, hats off to Joe's circuits. Is the EA circuit over engineered, or just different?

Made any progress jbm222?
-Ryan
"Bound to cover just a little more ground..."

TheBigMan

Fuzz Central has a layout for the Colorsound Tremolo as well.  It uses all bipolars.