Black Ice Overdrive

Started by adgators89, March 07, 2005, 07:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adgators89

I was searching the forum a while back and found a schematic for a black ice overdrive and some users said it was a great overdrive.  does anyone know where I can find the schematic again or if they have built it, how do they like it?

Ge_Whiz

http://members.aol.com/ku07090/strawberry_ice.html

I like it. That's why I designed this. Works best with humbuckers. YMMV - test by putting the diodes across a cable first.

adgators89

yeah, I've seen those before, but I meant the actual Black Ice Overdrive Pedal.  It uses (4) 2N5089's.  I can't find it anywhere.  I keep coming up with something like you posted or that overpriced black ice overdrive that stewmac sells.  I am looing for the schematic for the pedal.

adgators89

ok, maybe it is called the blackfire overdrive.

sir_modulus

bwanasonic

Now someone needs to come up with the "Blackearth" and "Blackwater" overdrives to have all the elements covered. Wait! I mean "Puny mortals! You're overdrives are useless against me! Behold the mighty *Blackearthâ,,¢* and *Blackwaterâ,,¢* overdrives (coming soon to a music retailer or ebay soon)!".

I totally get dibs

Kerry M

adgators89

looking at the schematic, where do all the arrow go that are pointed upwards (with the exception of the one that says +9v?  are they grounded, or just left alone?

adgators89

puretube

David

Quote from: bwanasonicNow someone needs to come up with the "Blackearth" and "Blackwater" overdrives to have all the elements covered. Wait! I mean "Puny mortals! You're overdrives are useless against me! Behold the mighty *Blackearthâ,,¢* and *Blackwaterâ,,¢* overdrives (coming soon to a music retailer or ebay soon)!".

I totally get dibs

Kerry M

Well, Kerry, I'll pit my "Blackearthmover" against your "Blackearth", and my "Blackdam" against your "Blackwater"...   8)  8)

stm

Isnt' Black Ice the name of a piece of software for cracking programs with time-trial limit?

adgators89

yeah, that's one of them, but I meant the overdrive pedal.  Is there anyone else that has any ideas as to where all of the arrows at the top of the schematic go to?

David

Quote from: adgators89yeah, that's one of them, but I meant the overdrive pedal.  Is there anyone else that has any ideas as to where all of the arrows at the top of the schematic go to?

How about +9V?

adgators89

that's what was mentioned above, i didn't think they would all go there, but I didn't complete any projects besides a regular booster.  so in all effects is there a lead to the +9v for each complete circuit?

Mihkel

I think they do connect to +9V. Other multi- transistor circuits do this, but the  collectors are usually connected. For example the ROG Peppermill to see what i mean. Except that circuit uses a mosfet and a JFET.

puretube

Quote from: puretubeall go to +9V, IMHO....

if I had an "edit"-button, I`d probably deletete: "IMHO"...

Joe???

adgators89

ok, guess that's it then, Ill connect them all to the 9v+ and see what happens

bwanasonic

Quote from: adgators89that's what was mentioned above, i didn't think they would all go there, but I didn't complete any projects besides a regular booster.  so in all effects is there a lead to the +9v for each complete circuit?

You will often see this type of *shorthand* in schematics. It can simplify the drawing of the schematic, although in this case drawing a line across connecting those points would be just as easy. It's a style thing. It's implicit that those are connections to the 9v *rail*.

Kerry M

Joe Davisson

All up arrows go to +9v, I thought it'd be self-explanatory :shock:

adgators89

Thanks guys, as you can see I am a complete beginner.  I finalized it but to no avail.....I get no output at all.  Tried switching the transistors around and nothing.  made sure all of my solder joints were not overlapping.  I am down to maybe my pot wiring is not correct.  in the middle where the"Gain" pot is.  there is an arrow pointing to that pot - does that arrow go to the +9v as well?  currently I have the .1 uf going into lug 1 of the pot, lug two is connected to the .1uf that goes into the 470k resistor and lug three goes to ground.  is that correct? and also the volume is wired this way..lug 1out after the 1m resistor.  lug 2 going to the output jack. lug 3 going to ground.

any help would be appreciated