Bass Overdrive/Distortion Pedals? any easy layouts?

Started by bryantabuteau, March 08, 2005, 04:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bryantabuteau

One of my friends is looking to have a go at stompbox building, but is a bass player.  ANybody know of any respected bass overdrives or distortion pedals out there?  something nice and simple would be good for him.  We used to run our bass players rig through, alternately, a Sansamp GT2, and a Green Russian Big Muff Pi.  The sansamp gave some nice mild od sounds, but he already owns one of these and is looking for a something to make in his spare time.  Any suggestions would be appreciated....the simpler the better for his first build.

MartyMart

You can use almost any "OD/DIstortion" with bass, probably not the real
"high gain" pedals though!.
Just increasing input/output caps should do it.
How about the "Easy Drive" ? Joe Davissons circuit is simple ( as the name suggests ) and sounds fantastic, with a good range of "gain" available.
Just up the I/O cap values and give it a try, for you its maybe an hour's work and for your friend not much more.
"Torchy" has a nice layout for it on his "veroboard" site, which makes it easy to build  :D

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

col

I built our bass player a Bazz Fuss, I can't think who's site it was on. It has very few components and sounds great!
Col