"1000" posts, so am I a "Geek" now ? !!

Started by MartyMart, March 08, 2005, 05:12:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyMart

I just noticed that this is number 1004 ( shit I missed the party ! )
So I'm an official "pedal Geek" now eh ??  :lol:
Anyway, I hope that I've posted "some" useful things as well as questions
I only recall about 120 of those. . . . .
This is the BEST place BTW :D

Regards,

Marty ( Geek )
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Johnny G

yup i think you can now fairlly well sit yourself in the geek catagory of society.

im not at the thousand posts yet but im fairlly sure im a geek anyway

rubik's cubes rock :D
LET US INSTIGATE THE REVOLT,DOWN WITH THE SYSTEM!

MartyMart

Quote from: Johnny Gyup i think you can now fairlly well sit yourself in the geek catagory of society.

im not at the thousand posts yet but im fairlly sure im a geek anyway

rubik's cubes rock :D

"Rubik Cubes" !! now that "IS" geeky  !!!  :lol:
I had to take mine apart ( years ago ) to get it to look like those, or
leave it in its packaging . . . . . . . DUH !

Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

David

Quote from: MartyMartI just noticed that this is number 1004 ( shit I missed the party ! )
So I'm an official "pedal Geek" now eh ??  :lol:

Uh, Marty?  I'll try to break this to you gently, but the truth is that you became a geek after post number 1!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

...just like all the rest of us!!!!   :twisted:

Mike Burgundy

James P

QuoteUh, Marty? I'll try to break this to you gently, but the truth is that you became a geek after post number 1!

I reckon that as soon as such words as 'true bypass' ' JRC4558' and  'NPN' seem interesting it's a life of solder fumes and frustration from that point on!!!

James P :twisted:
If i'm not back in 5 minutes, just wait longer...

casey

Quote from: James P
QuoteUh, Marty? I'll try to break this to you gently, but the truth is that you became a geek after post number 1!

I reckon that as soon as such words as 'true bypass' ' JRC4558' and  'NPN' seem interesting it's a life of solder fumes and frustration from that point on!!!

James P :twisted:

too funny....
Casey Campbell

petemoore

There's more to being a 'geek' than just making a thousand posts...
 I think you could have passed for one well before the 1000th post.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

petemoore

Around here I think that means:
 General Electronic Effects Knerd !!!
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

smashinator

And seriously, anyone who isn't a geek about SOMETHING is probably the least interesting person you'll ever meet.
People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. - George Bernard Shaw

http://pizzacrusade.blogspot.com/

LivingDeadPunk

You're a geek as soon as you post,  :D,  but the result: SERIOUS NOISE, makes up for the geeky part.

That's why we are a different kind of geeks: Rock'n roll geeks  :twisted: , kind of an oxymoron...
Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.

Albert Einstein

Paul Marossy

What does 3000 posts make you?!  :lol:

BTW, my fastest time doing a Rubik's cube was 50 seconds. That was my claim to fame when I was a junior in high school in 1982-83.  :oops:

I watched these dudes on TV do one in about 20 seconds or something like that, and I still can't believe it  :!:
My hands were practically a blur doing it in 50 seconds! They must have found a way to combine sets of moves or something...  :?

Paul Marossy

Crap! I see that the edit function has been abused again. It's always one person that has to screw it up for the rest of us.  :x

Anyhow, I forgot to add that I never did try the Rubik's Revenge (the one with 16 squares on a side)...  8)

Alpha579

hehe, and i thought breaking 500 was impressive..good on yeh Marty!
Alex Fiddes

Hal

rubik's cube's aren't geek, they're just '80s.

Johnny G

Paul: so far my record for the 3x3x3 is 1 minute 24 seconds. i want to get it down to under a minute regularlly but at the moment im too lazy to learn a full set of algorithms for the first two layers

current official world record is 12.11 seconds. i could give you a fair bit of schpiel on how you go about doing that but that would just make me feel REALLY geeky so i wont. i havnt timed myself for the revenge or the prefessor (5x5x5, bottom one in the pic) but i can do them in under 5 minutes and 15 minutes respectivlly

and on topic i think David had a good point. the fact that you come and find this place makes you enough of a geek anyway :P
LET US INSTIGATE THE REVOLT,DOWN WITH THE SYSTEM!