any parts to get in taiwan?

Started by eddie83, March 08, 2005, 09:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddie83

hey guys,
i'll be on a trip to taiwan in may, wondering if there is any cheap components which i can get from there, like footswitches? and does anyone has any idea where can i get them in taiwan?

thx in adv.
Ed

j0shua

wow man , you going to the best source of electronics parts, and very rare  pedal effects Taiwan is 1 of the biggest electronic source .....

check this if you can store called ( MEGATRONIX )

Marek

I've been living in Taipei, and man...  yes, you can grab all kind of stuff there @ some unbeliveable prices.  

Around the Taipei Main Station there are soooo many shops selling active and passive components.. also check out the undrground(!) stores of the Kuang Hua (or Kwang Hwa if you like) market!!  (it's kinda hard to find, it's all like a huge labyrinth, but you'll know for sure when you are there...)

OT:
You know the story about the guy who ended up in the cave with no light, and walking in the dark he stumbled upon something which he felt in his hands could be valuable, but he wasn't sure, and it was kinda heavy to carry, so he  just filled his pockets and went along... Finally when he found a way out  and went out, the cave entrance behind him collapsed... He looked at the stuff he collected in the cave and it was - diamonds   :-)

So, start making a list of the stuff you want to buy already now. Back then I didn't bother to do that, cos I was supposed to move there for good, but then my plans changed, and all I have left are some capacitor sortiments, few pot knobs and similar... rather unimpressive... :roll:

About stompsw. ... well, the only stompswitches I found there were those  Myama switches. You know, the big 'blue' ones..

Then again, I was in Taipei only. If you go to e.g. Kaoshiung, you may have a completely different story...

Greetings,
Marek