three in one build pics

Started by Chris S, March 08, 2005, 09:02:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris S

pictures of the beast I built - designed for guitars with a magnetic and an in line pick up.

includes...

for electric pickup
boost
tremolo
fuzzface

for in line pick up
switch between my two guitars - one with thinline and one with a mic

as a bonus
2 mic preamps

http://www.geocities.com/chris_summerfield/inside.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/chris_summerfield/outside.jpg

All works (except the fuzz face when my tuner isn't plugged in  :oops:)

LivingDeadPunk

The link is down, crap I was looking forward to see this monster :twisted:

Eh it works now, weird...

Wahoo man you've done some serious wiring here!!!

It looks brilliant, have you got some sound samples?
Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.

Albert Einstein

MartyMart

WOW chris thats a "monster"  :twisted:

Nice work, well done sir !!

Marty.  :D
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

casey

Quote from: MartyMartWOW chris thats a "monster"  :twisted:

Nice work, well done sir !!

Marty.  :D

are you talking about his toes, or his pedal!???   :lol:
Casey Campbell

Paul Marossy

Did you make that enclosure or is it an off-the-shelf item?

Chris S

Paul,

The box is actually made of wood (lined with metal tape) with a metal lid. (so not off the shelf) and not really that impressive.

onboard

:shock: That's great!

Is the metal tape and lid giving you enough of a ground and shielding to keep noise at bay?

I love how you thought to incorporate footswitchable amp functions with effects circuits and extra mic inputs all-in-one.  That's one seriously multipurpose box!
-Ryan
"Bound to cover just a little more ground..."

Mark Hammer

So, uh, do you have marinara or clam sauce with that?  and does it come with garlic bread? :lol:

Seriously, that's a LOT of wire.  Do you experience any problems with noise or interference due to the layout and fairly broad distribution of what is a BUSY wiring scheme?

Paul Marossy

I thought that might be wood...  8)

Chris S

Metal tape and a metal lid are great at keeping noise down (and a really cheap big enclosure). I haven't found it noisy - the fuzz face isn't perfect at the moment but I think that is a powere supply issue - see my last post. I might try recording some sounds next week so you can here for yourself.

Thanks for all the complements  :D

mart

Nice build chris
I have thinking about building a board myself, but haven't quite got around to it yet. I was just wondering if the mic preamps are actually included in the board. If so, what schematic did you use.

Chris S

mart

Just to get it right.

Does these few components actually amplify your signal to line level?

Is it for mics build in your guitar? I was hoping it was for vocal like shure sm58. I'm looking for an easy build preamp for vocal mic, to drive the signal to line level.

Chris S

I'm not sure if it amplifies to a line level, it's certainly louder than a mic level. I have one mic in a resonator and two just free standing whic I have used to record a guitars. Probably not a Shure 58 replacement but a really good mic for the size and cost. Unfortunately I'd like to put one more inmy other guitar but to ship just one over is going to be really expensive - as i have to go via smal bear (not that he is expensive) but all the handling stuff is a lot more than the cost of the mic. Oh and I'm not sure if it would drive a regular mic to line level.