THE WARP FACTOR ORIGINAL PICS !

Started by j0shua, March 08, 2005, 06:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kusi

i have here the schema. wait some weeks, i must drawn it new....

greetings kusi  8)

j0shua

exelent Kusi thanks

Btw i have the BOSS Xtortion schematic if someone wana see just post a msg or pm me

Joep

QuoteHey Joep - are youi going to take a stab at this one too?

Haha, unfortunaltely I've been busy around the house the last few days and I only had a quit look....

Bye,

Joep

j0shua

it's just about time :)

btw i found schematic of BOSS X-TORTION

ninoman123

How does this pedal sound? Anything worth building. Im sure those huge caps cost a pretty penny. Which ICs does it use. Im excited about this. If it sounds good ill build it. After I box up these other 3 pedals.... :oops:

Rob Strand

Thanks for the info on the opamp - I can see that now on some of j0shua's new pics.

QuoteRob, how's the tracing coming along?

I've finished the "business" part of the circuit but not the 405x switching stuff.  Didn't do anything yesterday since I was too stuffed to concentrate :).  I traced the first half of the ckt  from j0shua's early pics and I didn't write down the components designators and the part values (since it took too long to decipher the blurry images).   I need to go over it again with the cleaner pics and fill in some part value blanks.   That's going to take some time because a lot of values aren't easy to see - I wouldn't mind some second/third opinions on some of the part values (any takers?).

If anyone wants to clone this the values need to be right in a lot of places - the EQ stage is more elaborate than usual.   The uncertainty of which diodes of D1 through D6 are silicon and zeners, and the unknown zener voltage of the zener, will have an effect too.

To summarize in more detail (but still leaving out some details, like high freq roll-off here and there):

- Non-inverting opamp stage
- Non-inverting opamp stage
- Gain control: Volume control with treble cap across terminals 2 and 3 (like amps have)
- Non inverting gain stage with treble boost
- Inverting gain stage with one set of feedback diode diodes pointing same direction.  Presumable to emulate a tube.
- Inverting gain stage with one set of feedback diode diodes pointing same direction.  Presumable to emulate a second tube.  LF roll-off on input of this stage.
- Level control (simple volume control connection)
- Warp control - this is a sort of modified bassman type tone control where a dual pot is used for the mid, bass and treble.   The circuit has been adjusted to give an sort of overall tone control adjustment with one pot.  The output of this stage is buffered.
- Equalizer stage.  Uses has three peaking equalizers.  One, which which is switched out with the sub switch, is low frequency peak.

Some opamps run from single supply other dual.

Overall I'd say it is roughly trying to emulate a Marshall tube preamp.

Hope this gives a reasonable enough overview to tame people's curiosity for now.  Don't know when I'll get a chance to finish it - never mind drawing it up!!!.
Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

j0shua

this is some parts of the warp values :

14 pins IC # 3079p ( cpap0230 )
16 PINS IC #HCF4053BE
8 PINS IC #1 = NE5532P
1C 2 AND 3 ARE # MC33078P

pot's value

gain = 100k   warp = 100k  vol= 150k

enjoy!

kusi

the ic`s are right!

but the pots:
gain: 50k log, level 25k log, warp: 50k lin (dual pot)!

i have the orginal schematic... next week, i finish my redrawn!

greetings kusi

j0shua

thanks kusi about the pots....

i read bad the values about the pots ........ :oops:

Rob Strand

Thanks for the info.

I think  I'm wasting my time drawing up a schematic from the trace if kusi can redraw it from the original!
Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

j0shua

schematics come soon!

i have a sound demo , but is late here 3:30 AM im just arrive from band concert ... i post tomorrow :)

puretube

sorry, but why not click:
the 1st link in the 1st post that caused this topic,
(http://diystompboxes.com/sboxforum/viewtopic.php?t=30743&highlight=),

click: "site",
click: "deutsch" or "english",
click: "sound samples",

and so on... to hear samples played by a certain Paul Crook (Meatloaf/Anthrax).
:?:

j0shua

z-zero

I bought one of these from musicians friend for $50, best $50 I ever spent, it replaced my MXR doubleshot in my rig setup. Very cool, its got a low-end boost button thats setup for combo, or half-stack. Top quality componets for the mojo crowd. It does tend to suck the highs away quite abit, looking forward to the schematic so I can do a quick mod to get some highs back. Closest stack in-a-box sound I've heard from a stomp box. Great distortion, the warp control in the center is subtle but it really changes the overall feel/touch sensitivity of the tone. great harmonic distortion.

z-zero

kusi

i hope, that i can finish the redrawn tomorrow....  i hope, you can wait :wink:

greetings kusi

j0shua

cool kusi... of course we can wait :D

kusi

:wink:  you now what i mean ...

greetz

boydpost

Quote from: Joep
Quoteanyone gonna trace it? reverse it?

I can give it a try, but I need more and higher-resolution pics.

j0shua, can provide more pics? Send me a pm

Bye,

Joep

I admire your enthusiasm.  But before you put too much energy into what looks like a complicated project you should be aware that you can buy this pedal new online for about 50 USD...Sam Ash is blowing them out.  I'm looking at these pictures and imagining the parts alone costing more than that.  But if you're doing it as a challenge or to mod, then thats a different story.
b o y d p o s t  </>  s o u n d d e s i g n  </>  c o m p o s i t i o n  </>  s u r r e a l s o f t w a r e

j0shua

to boydpost:

i have 1 WARP Factor unit  and is very cool and complex pedal .... and if we do the schematic we can mod :)

kusi