Thanks TORCHY, you helped a lot.

Started by Toney, March 08, 2005, 11:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toney

Right!
Torchy's vero site is gone and apparantly all his posts are too.
I have no idea what the problem was and I am not curious about non constructive cyber-arguing.....its pointless.(if thats what it was)
I am not great at electronics, but I am really interested and learning as I go.
Coming back here recently and finding those wonderfully clear vero layouts got me fired up because they made it so accessable and I have learned an enormous amount this last week from the research I did inspired by the questions that arose from those layouts.
So, I want to say THANKYOU Torchy, your great work has directly helped me and I have learned a ton from refering to it over and again, as I saw how the schemetics from various circuits could be made to work insuch a concise way.
Now,..well now I got parts everywhere..........
Torchy, if your still checking in here please know that I for one really appreciated your work.

mlabbee

I just noticed all the crps - what does that mean?  Does anyone know what happened?

Fret Wire

Quote from: Toney
So, I want to say THANKYOU Torchy, your great work has directly helped me and I have learned a ton from refering to it over and again, as I saw how the schemetics from various circuits could be made to work insuch a concise way.

A very nice compliment to Torchy. :) I hope that's the type of learning everybody got from trying his vero layouts. Aside from the layouts, Torchy's posts were always pleasant, helpful, correct, and of good value. Vero layouts were only a recent contribution.

People always say that perf allows a beginner to learn about the ckt they are building. I've never bought that idea. With perf, I think the beginners always sweating that it will work rather than marvelling over the ckt. Vero allows you to build and see how the ckt works. I usually see that beginners have trouble with bad solder joints connecting leads on perf. With vero, that's not a problem, so you get to worry less and learn while you solder.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

Outlaws

Quote from: mlabbeeI just noticed all the crps - what does that mean?  Does anyone know what happened?

My money is on Copyright Protection.   8)

But to be honest, it beats me.